Wednesday 26 February 2014

39 Tomorrow!!

More snow overnight, just a sprinkling though. Huffle went off to work and the boys off to school. MrBasement arrived and was here until mid afternoon.

We now have dimming lights (not the final light fittings yet)

Day 8

I went off to my exercise class. ExerciseNic's daughter was off ill today so the loft was kept warm for her. Phew it was tough! That was the last one now until April as she is off to Australia.

I came home, showered, tidied, put some washing on ..........

Huffle's favourite monkey (Gunkey) got a birthday wash

........and then went off to school to meet with Small's teachers. I wanted to find out why his report didn't reflect the work he bought home. I spoke at length to his morning teacher who teaches him Language and Maths. She said he was doing very well and was very happy with his work. She marked him down a couple of times for late or missing work (which I didn't know anything about!!!). She said sometimes he needs to keep on track and use his Rubric (a way of checking that all criteria is done). She said we, as parents, were doing a fabulous job and that at some point Small has to start pushing himself fully and not rely on us or her. She also said that we have two wonderful children and it was because of us that they were so lovely. Ahhhhhh. I briefly spoke to his afternoon teacher (Science and Social Studies, which he is actually doing so much better in and came home with A's) and she said her marks on his report definitely reflected his work. She was very happy with him and his work and says he just needs to be less 'social' and check his work thoroughly. Both teachers said we were to go away for our break and enjoy oursleves and not worry about school or homework.

I came home, sorted washing, had lunch and then did a bit more painting. Moo skyped and we chatted while I painted.

When the boys came home, Small went off to the local ice rink with his friend and they skated for about an hour. I felt a bit weird leaving him there without adult supervision but I guess he's getting older now and I have to let go a bit! Boooo Hoooo. His friend's Dad picked them up and brought them home. They had a good time and Small said he tried hockey and its not that bad. NOOOOOOOO!

Smallest and I played on his DS and then I made dinner. Small, Smallest and I went into the loft and made Birthday Cards for Huffle for tomorrow. He asked for a parade but we think parades should be saved for Fathers and Mothers Day.

Huffle and I played table tennis while the kids watched TV and then Smallest read to Huffle while Small and I did some more drawing.

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy post. Tell Huffle we'll try to organize a parade when you come over. Clever boy Small. Think you might be on slippery slope with the hockey though, just get all the armour ready! x

AA said...

I agree with Aunt P, you can't move your boys to the hockey capital of the world and not expect them to join in!!

xxx