Thursday 20 February 2014

This is the best Pig Farm

Huffle worked from home today and the boys went to school. Today was Red and White day which meant that Canada was playing America at Ice Hockey in the Olympics so everyone wore Canada's colours. However, my two little munchkins decided to wear their England shirts (they were red and white!). Small said for half the day he got to watch Hockey and everyone went mad when Canada scored and won. Smallest said he played on the computer instead of watching. My little English boys.

MrBasement came early and stayed till mid afternoon, dry walling. Nearly all done now, he will not be back until Monday to do the 'mudding'.

Day 5

I went out for the day. I visited 'suffolk' and we went to FabricLand where I spent my birthday money on sewing supplies, an Art Shop where I finished soending my birthday money and a Bead shop where we just meandered and talked to the owner. Then we went and had a lovely bowl of Beet soup. I asked if it was vegetarian and the waiter said "oh yes, Beet is a root vegetable". YES I KNOW THAT, I GROW THEM, BUT DOES IT HAVE A MEAT STOCK? It didn't, it was delicious and one I will be making for myself. A quick cup if tea at her house and then back in time for the kids to get home.

We were due to have rain from 3pm, a lot of rain, possibly 5cm in a very short time instead at 5pm we got a snow storm. Huge big flakes that went on and on and then just stopped. I looked at the weather forecast just now (19:40) and it said we were getting heavy rain all through the evening, night and tomorrow. BOOOOO!

I made Chilli for dinner. Small and Huffle loved it but wanted more spice next time and Smallest loved it for about five minutes and then decided he didn't like it after all! I made up a recipe for veggie Chilli which was lovely.

Smallest said one of his little friends told him today that he thought my cakes were really good and he told his Mum. His Mum said "why does she make so many cakes?". I said "why does she work with so many books?" (She's the school librarian). What a silly comment!

This evening we had computer and IPad time, TV and table tennis. We gave up after two games though because the lights are so bright!!! Can't wait for the dimmer switches.

No comments: