Friday 14 February 2014

Valentine's for all

Last night, about 9:30pm, Smallest came down stairs, in tears, to tell us something he should have told us three days ago. I don't want to go into detail but it resulted in a trip to the Emergency hospital for Huffle and Smallest. All is well now but it has raised questions as to why Smallest is so secretive with us. Is it because he worries about the consequences or does he feel we are too strict with him? Anyway, hopefully he has learnt his lesson now and today he has been very honest and truthful with us. For those of you that know this little family well, it is a problem with a certain piece of anatomy that we seem to have issues with, for those of you that don't know us so well - don't even go there - you don't want to know!

Huffle and I didn't sleep well. A late night, broken sleep, worried thoughts etc. Small said he woke up in the night too and Smallest obviously had a late late night. So today, the whole household was tired.

We were woken today by the boys coming in and handing us Valentine's cards. Smallest had made a card and envelope for 'Mummy and Dabby' which had the Asda Roll Back smiley face on it (apparantly that is now tradition). Small had made a card for Smallest, Mummy and Daddy. Huffle had made me a Movie Poster which was lovely and had lovely words written on the back using many elongated words he had found on my 'word a day calendar'. I made Huffle a Zentange card with a crocheted envelope and sewn on stamp and label. Later on I got two charms for my bracelet, a teapot and a Mother and Child. Ahhhhhh. I got Huffle a Hummingbird feeder and Hummingbird flower seeds.

I am assured the Camel is not supposed to be me!

TL: from Small (that might also be the Asda Roll back smiley face!

TR: from Smallest - it even says Roll Back

B: from me

Huffle worked from home. The boys went off to school and took part in the Valentine's Dance and ate loads of sweets, biscuits and cakes which were handed out by various friends and teachers. Valentines day here is weird! I may have said this last year but Valentine's here is for everyone, whether you like them, love them or don't really care about them! Everyone is supposed to get cards and a gift. The boys came home armed with sweets, lollipops, erasers, pencils etc etc and little cards and notes from kids we hadn't even heard of! Our boys took no cards and no gifts and no treats!!

I went off to knitting today and started on my sock. Rudetrude bought us a box of chocolates to eat and we all had a few. Lovely. I had three attempts at my new sock, three throwings across the table and finally getting it right before finishing off and coming home to my Valentine for lunch.

We had a Skype from CousinE which was interesting. Not a lot to say, I think she was bored. She said it was probably raining. What is going on with the UK weather. Storms, 100 mph winds, rain like never before. It sound horrendous and I hope it goes away soon (after all we don't want to worry about packing wellies and brollies!). Seriously though we hope everyone is well and safe and dry.

The boys came home and we went off to swimming. Small was so tired he struggled with his strokes but he kept going. Smallest did 100m of backstroke instead of 75m as he just kept going and the teacher let him. He did very well considering. Our pizza was ready when we got home and we watched a film called "City of Ember" but cut it short when Smallest started falling asleep.

The boys went to bed and Huffle and I watched Honey Boo Boo. Early night for us too, we are shattered!

Basment man came for half a day today. Photos to follow tomorrow. He shouldn't be back till Tuesday now as Monday is 'Family day'.

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Hope Smallest is okay now x Some very creative valentining!! Xx

Unknown said...

Hope Smallest ok and everyone back to firing on all cylinders asap. cousin Pest and I went to see the new Clooney film Monuments Men yesterday at Highcross, highly recommend it. Brilliant story. x