Wednesday 5 February 2014

Pink sky at night no plough'

An accumulation of snow fell overnight and all day (possibly another 5-6") which completely covered the paths we had made going to the house, front and back, along the 'sidewalk' and over poor 'arbuckle the snowman'.

Huffle worked from home instead of making the long arduous trek into work. The school bus was cancelled so I walked the boys to school, with their bags in the sledge. We took it in turns pulling the sledge and I lost the bags at one point (and didn't even notice). Once the boys were safely at school I walked with exerciseNic back to her loft, got changed and did her exercise class. Today, towards the goal of doing a 'plank' for five minites, we got to one minute which amazed me because last week I could only do 30 seconds and that hurt!

Turning down the offers of lifts from the other girls, I walked home through the blizzard of snow and wind. It wasn't cold apart from the wind in my face but it was hard work walking. None of the roads had been ploughed (in fact they haven't been done all day, hope that's not because we are expecting much more!).

I finally got home and Huffle had toast and coffee waiting for me (I never had time for breakfast and just grabbed a banana). I sat in front of Call of the Midwife and warmed up then I had a shower. Moo skyped and we had a good chat and catch up.

Huffle and I had lunch and we watched Mad Dogs which is a British series that is brilliant. Four men stuck in the Balearics, guns, drugs, laundering money. Watching it in the middle of the day is much better than just before bedtime as it is quite horrendous at times. Honestly, the series' we are watching at the moment are all a bit yucky, Breaking Bad gives us nightmares and we are only on episode three. Is it like this throughout the whole series? Another series we are watching again is TwentyTwelve which is funny and Kingdom which we started to watch back in England but have continued here. I am still watching Bletchley, Selfridge and Midwife.

I made Muffins this afternoon (Huffle looked through the 100 muffin book and chose Blueberry ones as we have many blueberries that no-one is eating). Huffle went off walking to pick up the boys from school and they arrived home weary, wet and cold. However that didn't stop Smallest penguin-sliding down his slope and into Huffle's car.

Once inside, they tried the muffins and liked them (definately NOT dry). We sat and had a vote on the three different muffins we have had recently. Chocolate Orange came out top with Lemon and Poppy 2nd and Blueberry last. Small looked through the book and chose Marshmallows one next.

A bit more basement clearing has been done today. No games thrown away today but it is looking much clearer. In the evening we moved the Table Football into the other side of the basement - WOW that's heavy! I also moved all my recipe books onto the kitchen shelves which makes more sense I suppose.

The boys showered and played on the computer while Huffle and I cleared the drive AGAIN! It was very powdery and easily movable but there was a lot of it. We made a new path along the drive as the previous one was next to the house and the huge icicles we now have drip on the path making it slippery and drip on your head making it annoying to walk past.

As it started getting dark the sky changed colour to a pinky hue, it was lovely - my camera doesn't do it any justice at all. Hopefully that means better weather tomorrow!

We came in, got dry and all had dinner. More basement clearing and muffin eating, TV and spellings and Dino Trumps.

AM TIRED NOW!

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

You don't need an exercise class with all that snow clearing! x