Thursday 6 February 2014

A Day of Doing

There was no more snow during the night but when Huffle got in his car it was -20*. The boys went to school (though we nearly missed the bus as I never noticed the time). After they had gone I started cleaning. Today I have dusted, swiffed, swept, mopped, cleaned bathrooms and toilets, did two loads of washing and drying and moved lots of things out of the basement.

I stopped for breakfast and lunch and mid afternoon I made a Carrot and Tomato Soup, a many seeded bread

and Chocolate Marshmallow Muffins.

The bread machine forgot to bleep at me so I had to fold the seeds in by hand which didn't really work but it did mean we had seeds folded in a bread with lots of seeds on the top and all the ones that didn't mix in were toasted so we put them in our soup. Yum yum.

When the boys came home they started clearing the paths. This is to help them earn their WiiU money.

Small did the one next to the road ....

...and Smallest did the path to our front door.

I went out and helped them both. When they came in they tried the muffins fresh out of the oven. EXCELLENT though we haven't rated them yet.

The boys helped me to clear some more basement until Huffle came home and then we all ate dinner. The boys played on the computer while Huffle and I played table tennis. I won one game out of three ha!

WE ARE VERY EXCITED Huffle edit - chips and vimto please (clearly not on the same plate that would ruin them both)

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The snow looks very deep, well done the boys. We're also counting down, not long now. Will put chips and vimto in welcome pack. x

Sarah Tomson said...

Loving your countdown pic 😃
Muffins look good too think you earned them after all that cleaning!
xx

AA said...

Never mind chips and vimto, maple cream cookies please!!

xxx