Wednesday 19 February 2014

ABC's

Temperatures went right up to 5*. Not -5 but just 5! Wow. After Huffle went off to work and the boys just made their school bus, I went off to my exercise class. I didn't need gloves, hat or scarf today. The class was very funny today, lots of silliness and two planks of one minute OUCH! I am definitely going to be aching tomorrow as ExerciseNic was training us for the olympics. Her daughter (who is younger than Smallest) wants to do Mogul Jumping in the Olympics when she is older and ExerciseNic thinks we should all train with her.

I came home and did some washing, tidying, dishwashing and had a shower and then watched MrSelfridge whilst knitting for Aunty Kat's baby. (No she hasn't had it yet but I have to get it done before our trip).

After a spot of lunch, I headed off to do some shopping. Food, wool, toiletries and Maple Biscuits for England. I had to stop at another supermarket on the way home as I needed Apple Juice. Once home, I unpacked and put away the shopping, sorted washing, did a bit more knitting and then the boys came home armed with their reports.

Smallest had an excellent report. 14 A's, 2 B+'s and 1 B. Overall his Learning Skills and Work Habits got Excellent and Good with a satisfactory in Organisation. (Yes well just look at his bedroom!!! Huffle edit - even I think its messy, reminiscent of a forty squirrels scruffling up a room of nicely arranged leaves) We are very pleased with his report. His teacher wrote a Comment at the end of his report saying "I look forward to more of your jokes next term......".

Small's report was also very good. He got 7 A's, 7 B+'s, 3 B's and one C+ (for Media Literacy which we nor Small know what this is). For his Learning Skills and Work Habits he got mainly Good with one Excellent for Initiative. Huffle and I are going to ask to speak to his teacher about this report purely because all the work and tests that come home are mainly 4's (which is equivalent to an A) so we are confused as to how the report shows that. Still, we are very happy and it looks like he has worked hard. We know he needs pushing and we push him at home and with homework but who pushes him at school? We explained to him about putting in JUST enough effort and that sometimes you have to do just that little but more. He understands.

The boys skyped grandma and Grandad to see how many Wine Gums they could have for their good reports. I made meatballs and once the boys had done their chores they helped me to make Malteser Muffins.

Huffle came home and we all had dinner. The boys had muffins afterwards and they rate them No1 now in the Muffin chart. That puts them above the Chocolate Orange ones. Wow.

Smallest and Huffle played Table tennis while Small watched Wrestling and then Huffle and I played Table tennis.

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Well done on your reports boys xx