Friday 7 February 2014

Tied up in noodles

Another light sprinkling of snow but not enough to stop the school bus from turning up. Thank goodness, that walk on Wednesday buggered up my already terrible foot!

Boys and Huffle were out of the house by 8:45 and I went off to knitting for the morning. Everyone persuaded me that my cardi did not make me look like a balloon so I am carrying on with it, though we had a few disasters with it today, the result being that I was told to put it away until next week. I did manage to finish my sock and show off my hats and I bought some new wool for a new pair of socks for which the pattern looks very complicated. I have been invited to join a group called Knitting Buddies which helps a group of Mentally and Physically Disabled people with their knitting projects (just a couple of hours a week, possibly after Summer). I have also been asked if I will help one of the ladies with her 3 acre garden in the Spring - not being paid of course ; ) ; )

I picked up a few bits of shopping and came home, watched a thing about Interior Design, had lunch and put the shopping away. I prepared dinner, made more arrangements for our UK visit and waited for the boys to get home.

One runs from the bus (mainly for his 4pm poo) and the other drags himself indoors reluctantly.

Swimming lessons were great today. It was mid-term report day. Small is progressing excellently and just needs to work on his breaststroke and elementary backstroke. Everything else was great. When he went to pick up the brick from the deep end, he found it no problem at all and the instructor said to the others "he doesn't even make it look like it weighs anything!" He said it was heavy though. Smallest is doing very very well and improved on his Whip Kick today (though the teacher did tie his legs up with a noodle, but it did work). She needs to see him do it a few more times but everything else is good.

When we got home (almost dark at 6pm) our Jacket Potatoes were cooked and we sat and ate. It is Winter Carnival in the Hamlet tomorrow and we discussed which bits we were going to do. The boys played on the computer and Huffle and I played Table Tennis.

 

 

No comments: