Sunday 16 February 2014

Mummy you have Elephant Eyes!*

A nice slow morning of table tennis, knitting, playing and polyfillering. After lunch we donned our Winter gear and went off for an afternoon of snowboarding at Dagmar. This is the place that Small and Huffle tried out the other evening. The car park had a lot of cars in it but it is a much bigger place with lots more slopes so the people were more spread out.

We started on the nursery slope with the Magic Carpet. Two different slopes, one either side. Both steeper than the ones we normally go on and a much wider so less likely to hit anyone. Believe me, there were plenty of stupid people not looking who we could quite easily have hit, and some we would have been happy to hit!! This resort very much reminded us of Borovets Bulgaria (a place Huffle and I snowboarded in twice).

The temperature was around -10 with an icy wind but beautifully sunny and the main slope we were on was nicely sheltered from the wind. I fell over more times than I have in the whole time I have been here. Huffle changed my bindings so maybe I was just getting usd to it. I have sore knees and a bumped bum. Huffle fell on his bum too quite hard. Small and Small had plenty of falls and bumps.

Smallest snowboarded beautifully and managed a few edges and turns. Small is very confident of turning and slowing now, in fact we said we wanted to see more fast paced boarding.

We popped inside for a Hot Chocolate and a warm and tried the other nursery slope but it was too busy and lots of people were annoying us so after one go, we came back to the original one. I have now learnt to go up the magic carpet with one binding done up though my legs are that tensed that it cripples me. I have got to learn to relax but its sooooo hard.

I need to tell you that TR Huffle smiling - he has just wiped a drip off the end of his nose!

As people started to drift away we went back to the other slope which was much steeper, wider and less busy. By 5:30pm we were done, tuckered out, finished and went off for a Fish and Chip Dinner in Whitby.

left: thats me! I was waving my hat in the air because Small was "cow belling" me.

We saw the sky/tree on our drive away from the slopes. Beautiful sky!

Everyone had red glowing cheeks and as it was bedtime, the boys went to bed. Huffle and I had warming baths. I drew with Small instead of reading and Smallest laughed a lot when he walked in on me in the bath and saw my "huge boobies". Silly Bear! After my bath, my mascara all under my eyes, Small said "Oooh Mummy you have elephant eyes, or do I mean panda?

Huffle and I settled down wearily with a pot of tea in front of the TV.

 

 

No comments: