Tuesday 25 February 2014

Steven Hawkings for you

I looked out of the window this morning and said to Huffle "Ha, at least it hasn't snowed". Last night Huffle buggered up our internet on the Computer so worked from home, intermittently working on his laptop and phoning Bell (our internet provider) and Apple. When he walked to his car to move it (so MrBasement could park and I could leave for work) he noticed it had snowed, just a sprinkling. BOOOOO!

The boys went off to school, Small armed with his new skates and helmet for his school ice skating trip. He had a fabulous time and loved skating. Two of his friends helped him and now he can start skating, stop and turn. He is trying to arrange to go and skate at his friends house at the weekend. A lot of people here create small ice rinks in their gardens.

MrBasement arrived and started Mudding No2. I have taken a photo though it doesn't look any different to yesterday.

Day 7

At work I was with Pat, Jan, DM and Jeff. Today we transplanted many many many tiny lettuces. Names I have never heard of and when we had finished those we started on the Swiss Chard. We had a laugh and tried Jan's amazing Ginger biscuits with Lemon Drizzle (deeeelicious - I get the recipe next week).

I came home at 12:30 ish and Huffle and I had lunch together (Internet still not fixed). I started painting the ceiling in the kitchen. Yesterday I bought Pink paint that changed to white as it dried. There wasn't an awful lot of choice and I bought it more for the quality rather than the gimmick. The gimmick didn't work too well as it dried before I even got to the next part so couldn't see where I had painted anyway. Still it looks better though I may have missed a few spots. As the kitchen was covered in plastic sheeting, I started painting the cream walls too with a roller. Splatters everywhere, including my face and hair!

I managed to clear away, have a quick skype with Aunty A (before being disconnected by Huffle and Apple) and stop painting by the time the boys came home. Small told us all about his skating while doing his Maths homework. I have a meeting planned tomorrow to see Small's teacher to discuss his report. I made Omelette and Rice for dinner and Decadent Chocolate Muffins for pudding.

Ummmmm ummmmm. Huffle finally got the internet working and can now watch British TV and American netflix which might not sound much but they have everything on there. Time to sell the satelite dish!

The boys watched TV before bed.

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Morning. Will u get all the British TV channel? That would be good. Snowboarding looks great and ice rink in back gardens is logical as you spend half the year freezing. Glad to se the boys love skating, imagine all the kids skate? x