Wednesday 12 February 2014

Sniff, sniff, sniff

I decided to keep Smallest off school today as his throat was red and he was coughing. He was still full of energy and beans though and we played 2 games of Snakes and Ladders, Ludo and Yahtzee. We also painted the kitchen (me mainly, him maybe two bursts of five minites) and watched Space Chimps (well he did).

The basement man arrived before Small went off to school and started work on the electrics. We are having 9 LED pot lights put in with dimmer switches. I explained how we couldn't move the table tennis table as it was not vey secure and he said he might be able to make it more sturdy! Unfortunately after discussing various options for the basement he has now added more to the bill. OUCH how am I going to get that past Huffle? There appears to be a lot of wires in our basement that make no sense and go nowhere so he spent a long time today unravelling and rewiring for the lights. He left early afternoon and will be back first thing tomorrow.

Day one - nothing to see here!

I cancelled my exercise class and rang school to let them know Smallest was still ill. I think I did more than enough exercise today though, up and down a ladder and chair, bending over my paint can and plenty of right arm action with my brush. It is looking really light and bright now. Smallest and I did a good job.

I think Smallest was a bit bored today because as soon as Small got off the bus, Smallest was waiting at the door for him. "hello Small, are your socks wet?" Was how he greeted him. Funny little bear. He was desperate for Small to play with him but homework was done first and then a brief play with the Jenga but as Dominoes falling down instead of the usual game.

I made Beef Canelloni and Spinach and Ricotta Canelloni (messy things!!!) for dinner and we all sat down and ate when Huffle came home.

Small is now complaining of a sore throat (will get them salt washing later). I am hoping Smallest will be back at school tomorrow. He seems bright enough and his coughing has reduced dramatically. As for his sniffing - aaarrrrrggggghhhhhh.

 

No comments: