Tuesday 11 February 2014

Poorly Pants

Smallest complained of a sore throat when he coughed this morning. I asked him if I could look and he raised his chin. I told him to open his mouth so I could see in, goodness knows what he thinks I can see looking though his throat from his neck! We decided to send him to school but told him to ring home if he felt unwell. Huffle worked from home. I went to work. It looks like they had more snow than us as the plant tables were nearly buried and it was difficult to get into the greenhouse. However, once in there, it was lovely and warm with the sun shining on us. Today we were repotting Pelargoniums, the same ones we made cuttings of a couple of months ago. We stopped for coffee and J's lovely Cranberry White Choclate and Walnut cookies.

When I got home, I quickly got changed and Huffle and I went out for lunch (our valentines treat). It was lovely and we sat next to the fire, but just as we finished, right before we should have ordered coffee and dessert, the school rang to say that Smallest wasn't feeling well and wanted to come home. BOOOOO! We came back to pick Smallest up. Apparantly he had a bump during Gym and hurt his head and there were tears (a sure fire way to know there is more going on!). Once home, I made him a Hot Lemon and Honey drink and we skyped Grandma for some sympathy. She noticed his accent was a bit Canadiany so she gave him a few Leicestershire lessons and then he read a book to her and Grandad.

Meanwhile I went out shopping just in case Smallest was not in school tomorrow. I followed a school bus for part of the way. On the back it said "this bus will stop at every railway cossing". WHY? Why does it need to stop at every one? Each major one has barriers and flashing lights when a train is anywhere near and the ones that don't, the train hoots for about half an hour before it gets to the crossing. I don't understand!

I had to stop on the way home because the view was AWESOME!

Back home, shopping away and dinner started. Huffle worked on, Small played on the IPad before realising he should be having a shower, putting his clothes away and starting his homework. Smallest lay under a blanket watching TV and then playing on the IPad.

After dinner we played a card game and Yahtzee and the boys watched TV while Huffle and I played Table Tennis. Smallest was running around the house, not looking at all ill, we don't know if he is poorly or playing us. We know he's not 100% as you can see it in his eyes but whether he should be off school, who knows! I told him to stay in bed tomorrow if he feels ill, otherwise he has to go to school. He said that was fair enough.

 

Small's gift voucher for winning the 1st annual Claremont Uno Championship.

 

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

You guys need some Aloe Gelly for sore throats! Will give you some to try when you come over x Well done Small xx

Unknown said...

Well done Small, get better soon Smallest. X