Tuesday 4 February 2014

Crafty Pair

No more snow but plenty of sunshine today though still a bit chilly. Once everyone had left the house, I drove to Port Perry and met my English friend 'Suffolk'. When we were working out where to meet, we realised there were far too many car parks for such a small town and we met in the British Shop instead. MrsM was there talking to Suffolk when I got there. She mentioned that there was work to be done in the greenhouse so I should be starting work again soon. We all had a good chat and then Suffolk and I started going in the shops one by one. We did them all. Some were far too expensive to even look in the window but we went in anyway. We found out today that we were both crafty and spent our shopping experience looking at how things were made and deciding we could make them too.

We are going to get together more often to do crafts. She is going to teach me to sew and use my machine to its full potential and I am going to teach her how to crochet. Our husbands work together and they spoke today and wondered how much money we were spending. Well they needn't have worried as we only bought sausages for their tea! Huffle edit - phew and yum

We stopped for a drink and a scone in between browsing and also for lunch later. We had a lovely day.

Once home I started on dinner and the boys came home. They had a different bus driver today and he didnt drop them at home but down the road about five houses away. Small wasn't pleased as next door hadn't cleared a path and as he wasn't wearing his snow pants, his trousers got wet! Hopefully he will know next time he drives them.

The boys collected some more games to clear the basement, nothing thrown away today. They also played on the computer until they started arguing AGAIN! After dinner Small and I played Chess (he won, how dare he!). Smallest and Huffle played Dino Trumps. Huffle and I played a few games of table tennis and then sent the kids to bed early after reading their bedtime stories.

We sat and watched the final of the Jump. These Winter sports are very dangerous!!!

No comments: