Thursday 13 February 2014

Trapperzoid!

Smallest woke up and chose to go to school today. He seemed much better. Small complained of a sore throat but both went to school after taking some medicine.

Basement man arrived and started making a surround for the furnace pipes and putting up wall struts for the concrete bobbly wall. He worked hard all morning, went out for supplies midday and worked for most of the afternoon. The flooring is here ready to put down.

I made a soup this morning for mine and Suffolks lunch as she was coming round to craft. She was delayed because her basement man visited and her husband had taken the sat nav so I made some muffins while I was waiting. I made Toffee ones which were Werthers crushed up and half a cup of cream - very naughty but very gorgeous. They are now mine and Smallest's number one Muffin.

When Suffolk got here, we laughed about the colour on the wall I was painting over as it was the same colour she was painting over in her house. We now call this colour 'canada' as it is the English Equivalent to magnolia - everyone here has it!!

I taught her how to do the beginnings of crochet and how to sew two pieces of knitting together and she gave me some exercises to do on the sewing machine. She is going to teach me to make a bag. We had lunch and tried the muffins and then got on with some crafting. She had to leave to get back for the kids and I carried on working on the sewing machine and making Huffle's Valentine Card.

The boys came home and I tidied and went over Small's spellings with him. One of them was 'trapezoid'. When I help him with spellings I always ask him to spell it and then give me a sentance so I know if he understands it (they don't do that at school here but I like to know). So I said TRAP-PEE-ZOID and Small said "trapperzoid" is how you say it. I AM ENGLISH AND THAT'S HOW I SAY IT. "oh I don't think I have ever heard it said in English" he said.

I made dinner and Huffle came home. His back is giving him problems and he needs to do more exercises so he is working from home tomorrow so he can work on it more in between calls and work. After dinner, Huffle and Smallest worked on their Valentines cards and Small watched TV. Huffle and I played three games of Table Tennis and I won them all - ooooh he is not happy ha ha ha ha ha.

Day Two

 

1 comment:

Wonder Woman said...

Interesting! Trapezoid is a shape but it is 'shaped' differently in the UK to how it is in the US. That may add some confusion! x basement looking good x