Wednesday 14 May 2014

A day at home

When Smallest got up this morning, his eyes were all puffy and swollen. He said it felt like something squishy was in them. I gave him some allergy medicine for kids before realising it was one that can make you drowsy. He said he wanted to go to school so I told him he could ring me at anytime if he needed to come home. I decided to stay at home today in case the plumber decided to come round. It didn't rain and as far as I could tell was a perfect day for getting in a well to sort a tap and fitting a dishwasher! But he didn't come so I made the most of my day inside.

I made Beetroot Soup and Carrot and Coriander Soup.

Then I made a Wholewheat Four Seeded Bread and Decadent Chocolate Muffins with a Hot Chocolate Sauce for pudding. After I washed up many times (I didn't want to fill the dishwasher in case the plumber came - silly me), I skyped Aunt Pear whilst having my lunch, watched The Great Allotment challenge whilst knitting and texted HB whilst painting the woodwork in the basement.

When the boys came home I helped Small to study for his science test (and learnt all about the urinary and digestive system). Smallest's eye looked better but he nearly fell asleep during Maths (yeah I think I used to too!).

The boys played on gadgets, I knitted and finished dinner and then Huffle came home. We all ate. YUM YUM.

The boys went out to play football but the thunder started and then the rain and they came in and we all played Carcassonne.

 

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I love a day at home - I've had the week off this week... My house is shiny clean and all the cupboards and wardrobes sorted out... Might make soup today, you've put me in the mood :-))

famfa said...

It's rare for me these days. Enjoy your soup xx