Sunday 25 May 2014

Hot homework and bodging boxes

I managed to post the photos from yesterday onto yesterday's blog, thanks again to Blogsy (my blog writing app) for fixing the problem.

27* all day. Just lovely (if not a little bit humid). We all had a lie-in and Small made us scrambled egg on toast for breakfast. We spent most of the day in the garden playing American Football throw, Football, lots of Badminton and frisbee.

The boys got the hose out and sprayed each other and themselves until they were soaked to the skin and went in and got changed. Huffle and I got a bit of relaxing in whilst watching them fool around. I struggled a lot this morning with allergies, runny nose, running eye (just the one!). I ended up taking an allergy tablet and I think it made me a bit drowsy.

The tree picture does have a Cardinal sitting at the top!?

We had pizza for dinner at lunchtime, using the dough we made yesterday and sat in front of the other half of Jurassic Park 2 (I nearly fell asleep). I tried to knit but I ended up ripping it all out as I lost a stitch somewhere.

After the film, Small realised he had three lots of homework to do so he spent the afternoon revising for his science test, writing a new chapter for his story and doing a collage for his book. Smallest and I tried to build a bird house that Drew gave us. It was tricky and we bodged it together with glue. Now Smallest has to paint it (he wants to paint it blue). Drew also gave the boys two bags of books and they spent some time looking at them and Smallest and I did a crossword in one of them and reading a story about wasps. We have also learnt how to read the clouds!

Huffle mended the path I 'rearranged' on the mower and the boys played on the IPads once they had had their showers.

Nice one Huffle

Clean Geeks!

Huffle and I watered all the plants. The garden is looking beautiful and lots of plants are flowering or starting to.

 

 

 

No comments: