Wednesday 21 May 2014

Hurray the mower works!

This morning we were woken at 7am by lots of men on next doors roof, ripping off the felt and starting again. There were loads of them and they were there all day. They managed to finish the job just before it started raining.

Huffle and the boys went off and I went out to aerobics, picking up petrol on the way for the mower.

Aerobics was really hard but enjoyable (I think I will hurt tomorrow) and then I came home and got on the mower. It started well, cut well and there were no incidents in the back garden. I then mowed the front garden. This was trickier because of all the garden now. I tried to cut in between the wood chip path and the stones but got the mower stuck. Backwards, forwards, shuffling, reversing, wheel spinning. I was well and truly stuck (through no fault of my own Grandad in case you were wondering!!). I finally drove over the stones and across the upside down turf and got away. I had a break, skyped Moo and had my lunch whilst talking to her for ages.

I went back out and raked the grass into lots of manageable piles and sat on the porch with a Frozen Greek Yoghurt and Honey Lolly. It was really warm, I was wearing factor 60 suncream and stinky mosquito repellant. It was lovely looking at the garden with everything starting to bloom.

The boys came home and after a cooling ice pole and a chat about school, they helped me to pick up the grass piles and we wheeled them to Compost Corner. I made dinner, had a shower and the boys played on the IPad and computer.

The plumber came to collect his money. "Ooh you're sunburnt" he said. SIGH No I'm not I just got out of the shower! Huffle came home and we had dinner and then all the boys played football on the newly manicured pitch.

My sewing machine foot arrived today so I went and had a little practice. Love it!

Thank you to Grandad for helping us the other night when we couldn't get the mower to start and also a Thank you to the Royals for lending us their Battery Charger.

Well done to HB for finishing her exams for this term.

4 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

The garden is looking great! Can we see it all in a bigger shot? x

famfa said...

It's not easy to get it all in. I will try xx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

I am so pleased it is not just me who gets the sunburn comments! Love the term 'compost corner.'

famfa said...

But what do you say to them????? I think compost corner is a grandad saying x