Tuesday 20 May 2014

New feet (one for me too please!)

Smallest got up this morning with a nose bleed, hurting ears, itching eyes, a sore throat and tummy ache. I gave him some allergy medicine and sent him to school. Small woke up with a sore elbow (he bashed it against the door yesterday) and some scrapes and bruises from falling off his bike. I gave him an ice pack and sent him of to school. Huffle went off to work with a sore back and a hurt shoulder (too much chopping). I couldn't have any of them at home today as I went to a workshop to learn how to 'free motion' sew.

Last night I checked my machine to find the right foot and threads etc and realised (too late) that my machine didn't have the correct foot for free motion so we ordered one online for it to come on Friday. Still, I went to the workshop and took my machine and the lady running the day lent me a foot.

There were three of us there, all of different abilities, me being the only beginner really. We were given a lovely cup of coffee and some 'sandwiches' of fabric and batting. The lady explained about the batting, about fabrics and threads and then we got on with it. Free-motion sewing is something I have been wanting to do since I watched Kirsty Allsop try it on a programme on the UK a few years ago. I love it. It is completely different to sewing normally but I love the creativeness of it. By the end of the day the lady was calling me The Artist as I didn't have a problem coming up with things to sew/draw. I can't wait to get my foot so I can practice and play. Now I have to teach 'Suffolk' how to do it.

I did a little shop on the way home and got back just after 3:30pm. Phew a long concentratey day. I put the shopping away and the boys came home. Their friends came to play for a couple of hours and I got the dinner ready. Huffle came home and we ate in front of Jurassic Park 2 but didn't finish as it was too long. Huffle reconnected the battery to the mower and after I pushed him a bit it worked fine, including the cutters so I will be cutting the grass tomorrow as long as it stays dry.

The boys went to bed. Smallest is very tired and had another small nose bleed. Small's elbow is much better and his cuts and scrapes are healing nicely. Huffle's back and shoulders are a bit better too, he came home with a battery charger and a very large extendable pole to add on to the paint roller.

 

 

1 comment:

AA said...

That looks so cool!

xxx