Thursday 22 May 2014

My dog Red!

A nice long sleep, no wake ups, no roofers nailing at 7am. Huffle worked from home today and got some painting done in his lunch breaks -the stairs are coming along a treat, no dark colour there anymore. He used his long pole (oooh errrr).

The boys went to school after complaining about the suncream I made them wear, despite the fact it was really hot today (even though storms and rain was forecast!).

I went off early to my Faraway Garden. Today I worked by myself for two hours moving lillies, daffodils and tulips, geraniums and rudbeckia. It was hot work. I dug myself up a currant bush, a couple of small lilacs and a few other small things. As I was putting my tools away, Dora arrived and gave me a drink and showed me how the kitchen was coming along. Her daughter had bought me a present of some British Cup Cake cases and cake toppers. Very sweet. We walked around the garden for about an hour discussing what needed to be done, where everything was going and what was coming up.

I came home and had lunch with Huffle and then went out and planted my 'pickings'. Still no rain or storms and it stayed very warm for the rest of the day.

I was asked to take a picture of the whole garden but it's difficult to get in one shot!

The boys came home, showered, played, ate ice poles and complained because their friends couldn't come over. Tonight was the Spring Concert that Smallest was in so that meant early dinner and out of the house by 6ish.

The concert was 'interesting'. Small sat with us because he wasn't in it. Smallest sat in his classroom until it was his turn to sing. We were entertained by The Bucket Band (yes a band entirely made up of people banging buckets. The Kindergartens sang two songs - very sweet. There's was some folk dancing (ummmmmm). Smallest's class sang A Spoonful of Sugar which was the best thing about the whole evening (not biased at all!). A video of dancers to the music of Pharells 'Happy' and then the band playing three songs of which we only knew one - Thriller. The amount of cameras and video cameras was astounding. I wonder if the parents realise they are watching their darlings through their cameras instead of 'live".

 

Huffle edit - the 'band' reminded me of the school band in the Simpsons, bloody awful

 

5 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs Rumbleskins said...

The garden looks bloomin loooovely.

famfa said...

Cheers me dook x

Corinne said...

Gardens looking gorgeous. X

famfa said...

Thanks - it's all starting to bloom now xxx