Sunday 4 May 2014

May the Fourth be with you Alvin!

It rained through the night but had stopped by the time we got up. After breakfast, a bit of jigsawing and a Pokemon battle, the boys got their bikes and we walked/biked around the village for about an hour and a half. Huffle and I had a good nose at people's gardens, the boys blew the cobwebs away on their bikes and we stopped for a play at the park.

We came back and while Huffle played football with the kids, I planted up the Urns on the porch with Geraniums, Parsley and Lettuces. I planted up some other containers and tidied up the sun room.

The boys played on the IPads. Smallest got grumpy because he couldn't finish his game and went and hid and cried in his cupboard. I went up to talk to him and we played a few games of Guess Who while Huffle went out and picked up a few bits for dinner and the garden.

When he got back we all made pasta, garlic bread, Italian Roasted Potatoes and veg and had a lovely pasta meal. Huffle and I cleared up and the boys played football and basketball.

After a very big dinner, we went into the garden and put our seed potatoes in their new growing bags and dug a new path which we then filled up with weed mat, sand and rocks. We dug up some more grass and planted some new plants Huffle sneaked back from shopping and then the lady next door asked if we wanted any Peonies or Evening Primrose. Of course we did. I wheeled my wheelbarrow with Smallest in to see if they wanted to swap him for plants but they didn't want him! I dug up the plants and took them back to our garden and then put them in where I could.

Huffle dug up lots of grass and the boys helped to move the bits of turf. We put the plants in, watered and cleared everything away.

Once inside we made Ice Cream Sundaes (which we had promised the boys all weekend). They helped me to make it and we ate it whilst watching Star Wars (well it is May 4th!).

The other day I was with a bunch of over 50 women and they were talking about the fact most of them had an under active thyroid. One of the women said "I knew I had it when half of my eyebrow disappeared". Then she said "but I'm lucky, I have a wrinkle that looks like the other half of my eyebrow". It was true she did. We should therefore be thankful for some wrinkles. I love that story.

Yesterday when we were out eating, Small was sitting next to me (his real name is Alfie), he spilt something onto me and I said "Oohhhh Alfie". The waiter thought I had said Ooh Alvin and he copied me. After that we called him Alvin all day. He says he gets called that often because Alfie isn't a name used here.

WE WOULD LIKE TO WISH MR ROYAL A VERY SPEEDY RECOVERY.

 

No comments: