Monday 12 May 2014

O.2km missing

I had a very disturbed dreams last night. They were horrible, not quite nightmares but it left me awake for a good part trying to stop thinking about them. Huffle went off to work today, the boys went off to school on the bus and I went off to my Faraway Garden for two hours of hard work in 24* hot humid sunshine. There was no one else there today so I worked alone moving Lilys, Baby's Breath and many many bulbs. I drank through two bottles of water but could have drank much more.

I left just before 12 and made my way over to Suffolk's house which was about 50 minutes drive away. Still it was nice to sit down and have the air con on.

When I got there she was just making us a lovely cous cous salad and we chatted about the kids, the garden and life in general. After we ate we took a stroll around the garden where I advised what she could do with various plants and bushes. She wants mainly grass for the kids to play on so we worked out what could go and what could move to make way for more grass.

I came home with minutes to spare before the boys came home and managed to put in a fruit bush I brought back from Faraway Garden. My feet and legs were filthy and as soon as I gave the boys their ice poles and tasks, I went and showered.

I made Toad in the Hole for dinner and Leek and Cheese Sausages for me. The spare Yorkshires were put in the freezer (I wonder if they will go soggy or warm up okay?). The boys took the games from their rooms and put them back in the basement on the newly painted shelves.

After dinner, Huffle took Small to the forest for his Cubs Mountain Biking and Smallest and I reconnected the Wii in the basement and then had a game of Mario bros. When Huffle came home he joined us. We selected which pictures would go on the wall and Huffle went off to pick up Small. Smallest read to me at bedtime. He has such a beautiful reading voice.

We were forecast rain all this week but so far it hasn't come, my head is hurting so I am guessing the pressure is increasing.

Today in the post we got a letter from the School Bus company saying that as of September, the boys will no longer be able to use the bus. Apparently the walk radius to school is 1.6km (ie if you are outside of that 1.6 then you are eligible for a school bus), however our house is 1.4km away. BOOOOO! I asked Small to walk to the next house along that also gets the bus to see how far away they were (using my Map My Run app). They are .2 km away from us. However, they also got the letter. What a silly beaurocratic piece of nonsense! The bus still has to pass our house, it isn't going to cost anymore to stop. I don't mind walking and it would probably do me good to walk there and back everyday but sometimes that isn't possible. What happens in the winter when it is really cold, and the snow is piled up. The council (region) refuse to clear our paths which mean the kids would have to walk on the road. Is that safe? I think there are a few parents not happy and we will be challenging it.

2 comments:

Sarah Tomson said...

We freeze spare yorkshires (on the rare occasion there's any that haven't been smothered in golden syrup and eaten!) they usually crisp up ok again once they're put in the oven (about 4 minutes from frozen) xx

famfa said...

Cool thanks I will try that - ummmm golden syrup.