Friday 2 May 2014

Tumbleweed

Another dull and rainy day. I got up early and went to the doctors to get my bloods done that I should have done a year ago!!! Huffle worked from home and was there to get the kids breakfast and see them onto the school bus (though I was actually all done and back by the time they went off). I had a quick tidy round, put a wash on, had my breakfast and went off to knitting.

'Suffolk' came today and started a jumper. it was really busy. All the chairs were full and we had to find two more. El wasn't there so Sandra was looking after us, but there were lots of visitors again so she couldn't help us much. Once again it was very loud (but apparantly it didn't put 'Suffolk' off. She says she will come again). I managed to finish my fourth square and my socks had been partially mended. Hurrah!

Ten of us went out for lunch afterwards, and then Suffolk and I wandered around the quilting shop.

Once home, I skyped Moo and we chatted for ages. She reminded me how long it was till she was here and asked if Huffle was counting down the days. Oh yes he is!!!!!!!

The boys came home and we did our usual rushing about before swimming. Huffle couldn't come with us because of his work (which isn't getting any better!!). I knitted, Small sat and played on the IPad while Smallest was swimming his many strokes (and still struggling with Whip Kick). Today the water was freezing and the temperature outside of the pool was cold. In fact it was so cold that the instructors were filling up watering cans to pour on the kids to keep them warm. One boy had to get out because the coldness was giving him a headache. Smallest ate his dinner in reception while Small had his Lifesaving lesson. They spent a long time out of the water today which was good considering it was so cold in it!

Huffle, who painted the ceiling while we were at swimming, had dinner ready for him and Small when we got in and they ate, watched TV and the boys went to bed very tired.

Storms are forecast for the weekend.

 

No comments: