Thursday 8 May 2014

Ooooooh are you sunburnt?

Huffle went to work, he had a good but tiring day. The boys went off to school and both had good days. Small played 'Capture the Flag' and he learnt about the Urinary and Digestive system (which he wasn't impressed with as it involved a video of their insides). I told Small he needed to know this information in case he wanted to be a doctor. He does not want to be a doctor. Smallest also does not want to be a doctor but he said he would rather be a brain surgeon. He actually wants to be a Policeman so he can shoot bad people. Oh dear, look out bad people! Smallest played Tig and Football and and everyone took the ball away because his team was winning. He made some foxes and had to write how many they made and how many they had left over and had to write how he solved the problem.

I went off to my Faraway Garden and worked hard for a couple of hours. I came home with four Wooden Folding Adirondack chairs which need a bit of love and care and will be lovely. I also brought home a flat black wooden lifesize boy climbing for the boys. Apparently this is for target practice. The kids think it's great.

I went shopping on the way home and bumped into someone from knitting. I have definitely lowered my standards since being here. In England I wouldn't have dreamed of going out of the door without my hair done or make-up on and I never would have ventured to the supermarket in gardening shoes and jogging bottoms. These days however, I do. I wonder why that is? My friend from knitting was horrified that I hadn't even washed my hands! Whoops!

At home I put the shopping away and had lunch and watched Happy Valley and then went out into the garden. Today was glorious. 23* at one point in my car but in reality it was more like 19*. I had my first comment of the year "oh no, you've burnt your arms!" NO I HAVENT, I HAVE BEEN WORKING HARD AND MY ARMS GO RED WHEN I'M WARM! Please help me find a good enough answer as I fear I am going to hear a lot of this from now on!

I moved some more grass at the front and started to make a new path and when Huffle came home he finished it for me. I sanded down one of the new chairs and sampled its comfort until the boys came home. The instant they got off the bus they requested an ice-cream.

Small is playing the theme from Jurassic Park and Smallest is making an awful noise!

Smallest helped me to scatter some seeds that I also brought home from Faraway Garden.

Hurrah the daffs are out

Yahoo asked for a photo of the garden from the road but I can't get it all in so this is a view from the end of the end of the drive - not great. smallest the Piper is whistling aTune to make the flowers grow.

Dinner was made, paths were finished, football was played and homework done. Later as we were putting the kids to bed we noticed a black oily liquid coming from under the fridge. What now?!?!

Phew, another exhausting day! Plus my upper body is screaming in agony after yesterday's Aerobics!

 

2 comments:

Corinne said...

Gardens looking great - back breaking vwork gone on there! X

famfa said...

Thanks it's lovely to see everything coming to life. I will try and get a proper photo when we finish and things thicken out a bit more xxx