Monday 5 May 2014

It may be May Day but not here!

HAPPY MAY DAY

We wish they did Morris Dancing here. The kids couldn't remember what it was so we showed them some videos. They thought it was funny. Small, when he was very small, used to love watching them.

Today I received a photo from Aunty A while she was in Sweden this weekend.

Smallest's name is Freddy and although he is now 7, we liked this photo.

Huffle went off again reluctantly to work and the boys went off to school. I managed a quick breakfast with a bit of Happy Village before driving off to the Faraway Garden and putting in two hours of hard digging. I came away with some Lego I dug up, a bugle, a big fruit bush (type unknown) and some hula hoops. I shopped on the way home but this time I wasn't too dirty (but still dirty).

When I got home, I was so tired, I flumped in front of the TV and ate my lunch and had a cup of tea. I tidied, sorted washing and got changed and then jigsawed and sat on th porch till the boys came home.

Smallest's self-portrait (he got a B+)

Small has been bringing home lots of tests recently where he has been getting A+, A- and B+'s for. (Well done Small). He had homework to do so got on with that whilst soaking his feet in an Epsom Salt bath and then Smallest did the same whilst reading his library book. It was so quiet for about half an hour. I sorted their dinner early and when Huffle came home we went off to Cubs and picked up some flyers to deliver. We did some by car on the way home and then the boys and I delivered some by hand. Once we got to our house, th boys got their bikes and delivered the rest of our road by cycling up the big hill. Hufle and I walked behind them.

Huffle and I had our dinner and the boys played football in the garden until it was time to go back to Cubs/Beavers where they set off rockets.

More of our beautiful Amaryllis

 

6 comments:

Corinne said...

Hello Famfa - I'd be happy for all Morris Dancers in this Country to join you in Canada - your welcome to them - swap them for cheap Maple Syrup - which my kids love but it's soooo expensive! 😘😘

famfa said...

Why didn't you say, I could have brought you some over. I'll send some back with moo. Nice to see you commenting xxxx

Corinne said...

Yes - I noticed you've not had many comments so I've decided to let you have my thoughts more often! Heee - Heeee x

famfa said...

I must be boring my normal commenters - I need to write something controversial or be really sad to get them to comment xx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Do I only comment on sad or controversial topics? I am a few days behind in my reading as you can see. I also comment on the weather and family traits. I shall try to be a little responsive to other topics. ;)

famfa said...

No you don't. You've become a good commenter. Normally if I am controversial or sad though I get a lot more xxx. Please keep commenting / I like it xxxxx