Tuesday 6 May 2014

Chip Away

Huffle worked from home today because he was having his tyres changed from Snow tyres to normal ones. When he rang the garage to book them in he said "Can you rotate the tyres on our two cars please" but the woman thought he meant literally rotate the tyres. It wasn't until the man in the garage saw he had other tyres in the back that she realised what Huffle meant. He was in fact trying to be Canadian in his terminology. The poor garage man rotated Huffle's snow tyres and then had to take them off to put the other ones on. Silly Huffle.

The boys went to school smeared in suncream (much to the amusement of the other kids on the bus who are still wearing fleeces, despite the fact it was a beautiful sunny 13*). I went off to the Garden Centre where Jan and I cleared the major beds of debris (but not a finesse clean as Jeff still wanted to keep the leaves, twigs and mulch).

I mentioned that I would like to make 'field of blue' in our garden and asked how to start it. Jeff suggested I take as many bulbs out of the gardens and paths of Scilla (blue), Pushkinia (pale blue and white), Muscari (Blue) and Corydalis (pink). I sat on the gravel paths, basking in the sun trap garden and dug out hundreds of bulbs which Jan and I shared and then we cleared the garden paths of the other bulbs. I had a tray full. Then I filled four bags of wood chips to use as a path for either our vegetables or another path at the front (we haven't decided yet). Jan made Lemon Squares today which were, as usual, amazing. I came home around 1pm ish and I put all the bulbs in and then had Huffle and I had lunch together.

I skyped Moo and we chatted but not for too long as the garage called and we walked to pick up the car. Huffle got on with work and I sat on the porch with my book, Radio One, knitting and a pot of tea whilst texting Yahoo. It was just lovely. I had a brief chat with Garfunkel who passed by and then the boys were home.

Don't look at my dirty nails!!

They instantly asked for ice-cream which we all had on the porch. Huffle set the golf tent up later and the boys played with that for a while. I made dinner, Huffle worked and the boys played and fought! I dug a bit more grass up and Smallest watered for me.

After dinner we all played golf in the back garden. We made two golf holes and practiced up and down the garden and in the net.

The Vuvuzuaela was from the Faraway Garden

 

 

4 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

The garden is looking good! Ours is a little upside down at the moment due to things being moved about but we will get there!

Corinne said...

Garden is looking good! Can we have a photo from the road up the garden so we get to see the full effect!?! You would be impressed with me - gardened all weekend and boy am I aching now!!

famfa said...

I'm sure it will all be worth it x

famfa said...

No problem. I am impressed - photo? Xx