Tuesday 27 May 2014

Whoops I fell in the toilet!

The boys went to bed almost naked, with one thin sheet covering them, their fans on and all the windows open. It was a humid night with no rain unfortunately. I had to wake Smallest up this morning in his tightly wound up sheet. After breakfast, while he was supposedly cleaning his teeth, we heard a scuffle and a screech and a HELP ME!. He always locks the door but luckily we can get in from the other side. He was lying on the floor, one leg raised and wet. His step (used to reach the sink) was inside the laundry basket. His comment was "I was walking and I fell in the toilet". REALLY? Just walking by and one leg fell in the toilet?

The boys went to school but nearly missed the bus as it came super early. Huffle stayed and worked from home. I went to the garden centre. It was really hot and humid again 27*. Today we worked in the vegetable garden and sowed carrots, beans and squash. We planted tomatoes, Quinoa (goodness knows how you harvest that?) and kale. We did a general bit of weeding and lots of watering. At coffee time we stopped for some of Jan's lovely brownies (which incidentally are nothing like the brownies we are familiar with - more like a rich chocolate truffle cake). It was MrsM's birthday too so we had a little cake for her.

More weeding, more watering and then I came home with three big buckets of woodchips, some lovely Virginian Bluebells and a few Corydalis. Huffle and I had lunch and I managed to plant out one grass before the thunder started and the rain came tumbling down. Boy did it rain. I have never ever seen splats as big as the ones today. They were bigger than a tennis ball!

During a small lull in the rain, I went off and did some food shopping, taking advantage of the fact that Huffle was home to see the boys off the bus. After shopping I drove home in the humidness (not really a word) and into the rain again. Everyone helped me with the shopping and the boys played on the IPads while I sat on the porch with my friend the Woodpecker, before making dinner.

After spaghetti bolognese, Huffle and I had a good look around the sunshiny (rain and storms gone) garden. So much is growing so quickly.

Huffle went out to meet the man who was integral in bringing us over here (though he no longer works for Huffle's company). I read to the boys and then watched TV whilst knitting and sewing badges on their swimming towels and cubs and beavers uniforms. Living the dream!

My Mother's Day rose is flowering

 

No comments: