Thursday 29 May 2014

......and a bird fell from the sky!

It was another warm day but not a lot of sunshine. Huffle went to work and the boys and I decided to bike to school. They carried their rucksacks on their backs and I had, in my basket, a football, a big lunch bag and two bicycle locks, plus my keys, phone and bike pump. They wanted me to carry their baseball gloves and balls too! It was a non-eventful cycle ride. I made sure their bikes were correctly locked up and left and cycled home, hoping they didn't forget and come home on the bus.

I had a leisurely breakfast and watched Fearne and...McBusted, folded washing, put more washing on and then went out and gardened. I created a Herb Garden next to the new path, had a break, a bit of knitting with a cup of tea and then I started on the other side of the path. Where we had turned the turf over and trod it in, there isn't a lot of grass left so I could just turn it over, mainly.

I had a visit from Drew who had a viewing of her house so had to get out again. It's funny but the Realtor here shows everyone around. The houses tend to be nicely staged and you get out of the way. That way the buyers can be honest I suppose and not have to pretend they love everything about your house because you are standing there. Plus the Realtor can lie - I'm not saying they do!!!!! Anyway we had a chat and I went and got myself some lunch which I ate on the porch.

I carried on gardening and popped to the Royals and stole some Chives and Mint and planted them in the new herb garden. Nice. Mr Royal was telling me he gets to drive again next week so he'll be out mowing soon.

I kept on gardening until LizzieDotDotskyped me - we hadn't talked for ages so it was nice to catch up, plus I got to see Bernard and Bomberdill. When it was time to get the boys, I cycled to school and was met by Smallest's teacher who informed me that a Grade 3 boy had grabbed Smallest by the back of his neck. She said the boy had been dealt with and there was an apology letter in Smallest's bag. oh Dear!! We cycled home and Smallest's friend came to play for an hour.

They played outside, they played on the wii, they had a muffin and I caught the boy looking through the kitchen drawers. I told him that was rude and he said he didn't do anything! While I sat outside a bird fell from the tree and died. I put it in a box full of leaves to keep it warm but it didn't make it. I told the boys not to touch it but of course Smallests friend had to tip the box. I told him he was to behave in my house and do as I said. He is a bit of a crazy boy! Never still for more than one second at a time. His Mum came to pick him up just as he was complaining that he wanted to be at his own house with Smallest there too. Small went off on his bike to his friends house where they were supposed to film their French play. Other members of their group didn't turn up so they filmed the 'bloopers' instead.

I did a bit of knitting and a bit more gardening and then Smallest and I painted the bird house we made.

Huffle came home and started on the BBQ while Smallest and I biked to pick up Alfie. We all had dinner outside and then moved in because the Mossies were biting. Showers were had, stories told and the boys went to bed. Huffle and I sat and ate Australian Dairy Milk watching TV. I will let you know Mrs Rumbleskins how it compares.

 

 

2 comments:

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

What was the verdict on the chocolate?

famfa said...

Whoops I forgot. Very good - much better than Canadian and almost as good as uk - perhaps not as creamier - thanks though much appreciated xxx