Monday 26 May 2014

No Soggy Bottoms here!

27* - phew it was a warm one! All the boys went off to work and school and I drove off to The Faraway Garden and put in some hard work. Today the diggers were there, so the garden we were moving plants from is now a big hole! That means that from now on it will be just normal gardening, weeding, dividing etc. I moved a huge Clematis today and wound it around the trunk of a huge pine tree. I drove home in time to see Suffolk arriving with an armful for lunch and MrRoyalJnr driving a tactor up our drive carrying a bookshelf from Drew.

Suffolk and I had a lovely lunch of various salady things and fruit. We had a walk around the garden and then I showed her how to do free motion sewing. She had a go before running off to fetch her kids from school.

I started making dinner and skyped Moo. Once I had made my pastry I took Moo out on to the porch and we sat in the sun chatting and watching the woodpecker eat from the bird feeder. She stayed on long enough to see the boys get off the bus and say a quick hello.

Small had homework to do and Smallest played outside on the swing until they both played on the IPads.

Huffle came home and the boys had their quiche while ours was still cooking (no soggy bottom Moo!).

We all got on our bikes and cycled to Cubs, left Small there and cycled home. I stopped to chat with Drew and the boys came home.

It is 7:30 pm and the temperature is still a very warm 24*.

 

P.s. It was pointed out to me that I hadn't mentioned anything about Richard III. His bones were found in the city of Leicester (our hometown) and there has been debate over where he should be permanently kept. York wanted him because it was his birthplace and Leicester wanted him because it was his deathplace. Obviously he was found in Leicester and Leicester University did a lot of work proving it was him. Anyway, Leicester is the place he will now be buried in and Grandma tells me there will be a series of events marking the outcome. If I have any of this wrong please DO let me know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention he died in the Battle of Bosworth, his body was brought into the city and buried, and that he was the last Plantaganet King of England and suspected of having his nephews murdered in the Tower of London. Well you did ask! Anyway, trust things good with you all. x

famfa said...

Quite! I never did profess to be an expert though grandma did buy huffle a book!!! Yes all good here xx