Sunday 11 May 2014

MOTHERS DAY Performance

Today it was Mothers Day. The boys woke me (unintentionally) at 7am as they got up noisily. I went back to sleep only to wake up at 8am with Huffle staring me with a silly grin on his face saying Happy Mothers Day. He got up and I had strict instructions not to get out of bed or come downstairs. A while later I was handed my hot water (always like to start my day with a hot water), my reading book and a program.

Yes that is me on the front of the program. Ahhhhh. I read a bit of my book, drank my water and looked at the program. Then I was summoned down to breakfast of Croissant, Coffee and Orange Juice outside on the patio. It was a beautifully sunny day.

I skyped Moo while the boys prepared for their performance and Moo decided to be Guest of Honour. First of all the three of them sang "Let's go down to the ball game" which is a song sang at EVERY Blue Jays baseball game. I think it is a song from the 1950's. Next, our resident Monkey did a monologue (he is dressed as Ronnie Corbett) of jokes on the TV. The Great Potato (Small) and The Great Bajini (Smallest) enthralled us with magic tricks using dice, blocks, wands and $1 US bills.

We were entertained by the Billesdon band which included Small playing Mary had a little Lamb on the recorder, Small accompanying him on the trumpet and Huffle playing a drum! The finale of the performance was the Trumpet Trumping (it was very funny but not my favourite). Smallest played his trumpet and Small did armpit and eye trumping! It was a lovely performance and Moo and I enjoyed it very much. We said our goodbyes and then we all got ready for a beach picnic which Huffle made and the boys helped to load the car of all beach essentials. It was really hot in our garden and yet once we got to the lake it was quite cool with a chilly breeze. We strolled on the beach for a while until we decided we would walk and the boys scooted along the waterfront trail. When we got hungry we found a sheltered spot on the beach and set up our camp. We had a seat each, a sportsbrella, our cool box and a bag of boules (jackers), a couple of balls, a Frisbee and a catchers mitt and ball. We had a lovely picnic and then we read our books, relaxed and played Jackers. Huffle and I have had a set of Boules since before Small was born and we have taken them on numerous holidays and played in the garden with them. They were pretty worn so I bought some news ones at the end of last year and packed them away in the garden box. The bad winter took its toll on the new ones and the old ones and they obviously froze and split. Now we have one good set of mismatched balls and a few spares. What a shame, still we managed to play.

The boys played catch and skimming stones (Small and I managed a 5, Huffle got a 6 and Smallest got an all time record of 3). We left in the end as we thought we had had enough sun and we wanted to get back to make dinner.

The closer we got to home, the hotter it got, obviously the lake had a real cooling effect today. While Huffle and I made dinner, the boys played outside and then did their homework.

Huffle briefly skyped Grandma and Grandad whilst relaxing outside in the garden, we had dinner and the boys played on the IPads while Huffle and I watered the garden and sat on the porch. I came in because I was being eaten by those pesky mosquitoes!!!

What a lovely day, thank you my wonderful crazy family xxx

 

4 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

They are certainly a talented bunch! Happy Mothers Day xx

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Very talented brood you have there, hope you had a fantastic day.

Hugs
Brenda

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Feels like just a few weeks ago you were in the snow. And now suddenly it's warm and you're all wearing shorts and t-shirts and getting bitten by mozzies. Am glad it is finally warming up for you. Sounds like a lovely mother's day. X

famfa said...

It does feel like we only just got rid of the snow but the sun is very welcome, not the mossies though, you know how they like to feast upon me xx