Tuesday 23 June 2015

40 years Man and Boy!

Last night's storm was horrific. Just as Huffle and I went to bed it started. Huffle lasted about five minutes before he scuttled off to the basement. I started to watch a bit of TV, trying to ignore the loud thunder and then I realised that Small was awake. He came and got in with me and we watched about ten minutes of a Disney Film but we were too tired and tried to go to sleep. We couldn't as it was really hot so we went and checked on Smallest who was fast asleep and then went down to see Huffle. He was on his executive chair (which is a laying down beanbag) under the basement stairs following the weather channel. Why does he do that? Why does he put himself through watching all the warnings and scaring himself?

Smallest and I went back to bed and snoozed whilst the thunder shook the house and the Lightning was a constant bright light flashing in the sky. In the end we went and watched it from the landing. We have never seen anything like it before. If it was sheet lightning then it was many many sheets at the same time. The thunder got louder and more violent. Finally it subsided a little and I sent Small back to bed. I think I fell asleep but not for long because it all started again. Very very loud and very very bright. It felt like the thunder ripped through ground. It was quite frightening and then I realised both boys were awake. We all went down to the basement where there are no windows so we couldn't see the lightning and the thunder seemed far away. The boys and I went back to bed and Huffle finally came up around 2am. We had a very brief power cut too.

Huffle seemed to fall asleep instantly but I felt sick and headachey and couldn't breathe, the pressure felt so high. I put the fan on and opened the windows and eventually drifted off. At 4am it started again but this time we were too tired to move and went back to sleep. It was very hard getting up and out of bed this morning. Neither of the two boys heard the 4am storm thank goodness so they weren't too bad.

When they went to school, I went off to the Nursery where we filled in the empty spaces in the tubs we planted up last week, moved lots of plants from the greenhouse to the benches outside the house and got stuff ready for The Royal York tomorrow (I had to cancel exercise in order to go). I came home with a few plants and a tired head. The morning's weather was fine and cool, then very hot and humid, a little rain and then breezy!

Jan accidentally threw a plant pot onto Flora's back. The silly cat never moved (it was a flimsy plastic one!).

Aunty A's peas and leeks
This was our coffee break snack. Someone had made a cake for MrsM. Yummy.
Peter Rabbit's radishes (Beatrix Potter).

My attempt at a Kokedama (as shown on Gardeners World).

I had lunch at home on the porch whilst Huffle listened to the Cricket or Golf and then I went off to the garage to fill up with petrol, find out about new tyres and then off to get some food shopping done. I went to a place I always used to go but haven't been to for ages. It was an experience and much cheaper but I lost my shopping list so had to wing it!

Back home we emptied the car and I put away everything and Facetimed Moo in time for the kids getting home. They played their piano pieces for her and we chatted about gardening. I made dinner with the help of Smallest while Small made Flapjack for his school party tomorrow.

After dinner, Small and Huffle went to football. I had a text from him at half time to say that the team were 6-3 down, he was getting annoyed because the opposing team could play and ours couldn't and he was shouting at the ref for missing fouls. He also said the team and the coach knew nothing (well he actually swore but I don't need to put that!). The score ended in 8-6 to the other side.

Smallest and I played Mario Bros and then finished off a Harry Potter book. We checked the bookshelves for the next one which is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. He is very excited to start that one.

 

 

No comments: