Thursday 25 June 2015

School's out for Summer '15.

For the first time in ages, I slept right through. Hurrah. Huffle didn't though. Something woke him up and he is convinced that something flew into the window insect screen next to me during the night. I wonder what that was? Glad it didn't get in. He was very tired today and had call after call after call.

Today was the boys last day at school this term. Wow, where did that time go? I spent the first part of the morning cutting up flapjack, putting it in little bags and tying round lovely ribbons. I got the boys to write a card for each of their teachers and the bus driver.

After they went to school I went to The Royals and did a couple of hours of gardening. Today we tackled one the side beds. MrsRoyal has a quintessentially English Garden with full shrubby beds and repeat planting to draw your eye along. I like it there as it so different from many of the gardens around here. We took out lots of Forget-me-nots and I planted some of them in the meadow part at the end of their garden. I forfeited my coffee, snack and chat today in order to get myself cleaned up to go to collect my pottery.

Almost our whole class (including our teacher) met at the Gallery and oohed and ahhhed over each other's pottery pieces. Of course, everyone's else's were much better than our own. Some of mine surprised me on how they had turned out and a couple of pieces I really liked. We packed them all away in protective baskets and went off for some lunch. We had a lovely lunch and chat and sat in there for over two hours.

TopLeft&Middle - candle holder. I quite like this one. TopRight- supposed to be a bird feeder but a bit worried about putting it out in case the squirrels hang from it and break it. What shall I do with it?
MiddleLeft - Maple Syrup Jug. Very happy with the colours on this one though I expected it to be a little more red. Love the tones inside.
Middle - I made these for Smallest with a frog stamp. MiddleRight - supposed to be a Spring Roll Plate. I have no idea what I will use this for.
BottomLeft&Middle my fish plate, should have been three colours but it looks like it ran. I can't imagine using it to serve fish and I have no idea where to put it.
BottomRight - used teabag holder. Love this, it is my favourite. Love the colours and will be using it all the time.

Aunty A's pots. Her fish is sitting in the cabinet for safety in case she decides she wants to come and claim it one day. Her Sushi Roll Dish and Jewellery holder is sitting by the Guest bed (or her bed as she likes to call it).

 

The boys came home with tons of stuff, schoolwork, thank yous from teachers, Year Book, nice notes, sweets etc.

Tonight it was football. A game for Smallest and his coach Huffle and a practice for Small. Smallest scored two goals tonight. I went with Small armed with my wellies and umbrella. What a strange day weather wise. It started quite cool, then got hot and then it rained really heavily. Since lunchtime it has rained on and off. The pitch was very squelchy. I sat and talked to one of the Mum's there and it made the practice go very quick.

 

 

2 comments:

Sarah Tomson said...

Looks like you were very busy at pottery classes 😃
Don't know how big it is but would the top right one make a kitchen sponge/dishcloth holder?
Must of been a flapjack day I've been busy making it too for the school fete - hoping it stops raining before then though
xx

famfa said...

Very busy - but lots of fun. It's not big enough for that but good idea for another time.
Hope your flapjack goes well and the rain stops xx