Thursday 4 June 2015

By Royal Appointment

After the boys went to school, I started my new job at The Royals. I gardened for about an hour and a half and drank coffee and chatted for half an hour (nice). MrsRoyal and I discussed what should be done and then we got on with it. I dug out lots of plants (of which I acquired a couple for our garden) to make room for some others that we are going to move another day. It was perfect gardening weather today but I left The Royals and went forest walking with NoCustard and TeaLady.

I haven't seen either of them for ages so it was lovely to walk and catch up. We walked for just over an hour but not too fast as it was warm and sticky. It was very sunny and green and perfect for shadows!

Ahhhhhh how I have missed you lovely Forest.

At home, Huffle had made us lunch which was very nice and gave me just enough energy to cut the grass. The tractor was easier to work this afternoon and Huffle even commented on my 'stripes'! I put a few bulbs in the garden and put the jungle gym back together and then Huffle and I had an ice cream on the porch. He moved his office onto the porch and I watched The Game and played Scrabble with Grandma online until I was rudely interrupted by Grandma FaceTiming me to see why I wasn't doing anything. She had questions about Huffle fire last night and why it had caused so much smoke. She saw the boys get off the bus and they chatted with her and Grandad for ages while I made dinner. Grandad was telling about a show he watched which presented by "whatshername? Davina Nepal?" Funny Grandad.

Small planted some garlic in the veggie garden for me and watered. After dinner Smallest and Huffle went to their football and had a couple of injuries including a head bang and a hit to the knee. He worked really hard and he was noticed by The 'rep' coach who asked if he had any aspirations for playing Rep - Selected team from picking out the best players in the area league. Huffle edit - another win making it 3 out of 3. No goals for smallest tonight but he put in a lot of work in defence. My squad was at bare bones with 2 missing so there was only one sub. I was shouting at the opposition for their hockey style pushing and then smallest was caught with a tackle that even grandad would have thought late. They had to call a 'time out' while I told the player what I thought. No swears, just a little education for him.

.......and Small and I went to ours.

They did lots of practice and a small game at the end. I took my music but people kept talking to me so I abandoned it. One of the Dad's was harping on and on and on and on about having to be born into soccer, blah blah blah and how you can't play soccer unless blah blah blah. I turned around and said "you can't play the game until you know what it's called". The Italian woman near me shouted FOOTBALL? then another Dad started on about football being a different sport that he played as a kid. I said "every other country except North America calls it football, something's wrong somewhere"! That shut him up HA!

On my travels today I saw this licence plate

At home I quickly watered the plants and came across this group of fellas. I bought Huffle a book on mushrooms - can we eat them Huffle?

 

No comments: