Tuesday 2 June 2015

Sausage Beans!

I had to wake Small up this morning, obviously still tired from his day at Canada's World. After breakfast, when the boys had gone, I rushed off to work. Today I added soil to the potatoes (growing nicely), secured my beans to the grapevine they are growing up, weeded up the gravel stairs (in the hot sun) and packed up MrsM's boxes for her trip to the Royal York tomorrow without me BOOOOOOOOOO! For coffee time we had some of Jan's yummy blueberry crumble squares - very nice. Today I came home with two big bags of woodchips, two lovely yellow white nasturtiums and a jar of honey. Plus MrsM gave me a Union Jack mug that couldn't be sold in the British shop because it had a small chip. I might put a small plant in it.

Naughty Work Cat on the roof again.

Huge mushroom we found whilst weeding

When I got home Huffle was in the middle of preparing our lunch which we had together before I rushed off to The Royals to see if I was working there today. I wasn't because MrsRoyal was looking after her GrandPrince this afternoon and he hadn't gone for his afternoon nap. I stayed and played with him for a short while and then went home and did some work in our garden instead. I planted all the sunflower seedlings that Smallest sowed, made a new small woodland path, took out a load of Forget-me-nots and replanted them at the back near compost corner (next door have a carpet of blue at the bottom of their garden which looks lovely from a distance so I am hoping ours will look like that next year). I did some weeding in the veggie garden and the flower garden and then the boys came home. MrsRoyal and GrandPrince went past and Smallest played football with him and then went back to the Royals house where he played baseball and football with GrandPrince and MrRoyal.

The Royals garden (not the field bit ha!)

I came in and made two paellas. The boys don't like paella so we called theirs Sausage and Bean Rice (it did have sausages and beans in it after all). They loved it. Smallest, who doesn't like Risotto either, said it was better than risotto. When they finished it, we told them it was paella and they said yuk, it can't be, paella has lots of beans in it. Silly Billies! Small said "what are those round beans called". SAUSAGES says I. He meant the chick peas.

Small and Huffle went to football and Small got his red kit today. He also got to play in Defense which made him happy.

Smallest played on his tablet while I showered and then we both played Mario Bros until bedtime when we did some Zentagling together.

 

No comments: