Wednesday 3 June 2015

It's aboot Mountain Folk eh?

After the boys went to school, I went to aerobics. I didn't think I would be going today as I worked so hard in the garden yesterday and the day before that everything hurt me. Still, I did go and I was glad because it helped to loosen everything up. We had a laugh as usual and I learnt some new words. Mountain people - refers to people a bit hillbilly who would normally live up a mountain but would probably refer to people more local (I'm guessing it's a little bit offensive to be called Mountain People if you didn't live in the mountains). We also bantered about the fact that Canadians don't have an accent, or say Oot and aboot or eh?! (Which of course they do).

I had a quick shower and got ready (with my packed lunch for the car - it is very difficult to eat a banana sandwich whilst driving, just saying!) to go to pottery for the final glazing of mine and Aunty A's pots. I had loads and I found today a bit stressful. Last time I just glazed everything a kind of blue as I felt that they should all match (apart from the Milk Jug which I love) and I wasn't particularly happy with them all. So today I felt I had to be a bit more adventurous with my colours. I sent AA a text to see what colours I was to do hers and that was simple enough but with mine, I experimented a bit and did some random choices. Oh well we'll see what they come out like. It was still fun and most of the people are meeting up again on Monday to try our hand at Glasswork.

The blue is the wax we put on before we dip the pots. Shame, I really liked that colour.

Later in the day after work Huffle was getting ready to start the Fire with all the tree tops he has cut down. The boys were supposed to help him but it was boring as Grandad lets them cut up the trees and Huffle just wanted to throw them on. Smallest ended up going to his friends to play and Small played on the Wii.

I made burgers and Sweet Chilli Relish which we had later after the fire had been stacked.

After dinner, the boys played football with Huffle and we put some stuff on the fire which then made so much smoke, we hid in the house.

 

 

No comments: