Monday 15 June 2015

Cheesy duelling banjos

The day started out quite cool but by mid afternoon it was hot and sticky. Storms are forecast for tomorrow again!

I had to wake Small up this morning as he was very snoozy (despite the fact we sent him to bed early), and I had to shout up the stairs when he didn't appear. The boys went to school and today was Aborginal Day and they were outside all afternoon doing different First Nations activities (except that I took them out at 1:30 due to dentist appointments).

I spent the morning washing, drying, folding and sweeping and mopping. Then I went outside and cut down the comfrey and spread it over compost corner and the rhubarb. I fed the veggies, which involved putting my hand deep into a bucket of rotting comfrey and water and the smell on me is still really bad!

Huffle and I had lunch together and then I went to school to pick up the boys for their appointment. The traffic on the way was awful and we got stuck for ages and arrived just after their first appointment. Both boys were fine but were told to brush better.

The traffic on the way home had cleared and we got home before school finished (but not early enough for them to go back).

After the boys had managed to make lots of mess on my newly mopped floors!!!!!, Small and Cog made Flapjack for the French Cafe they are part of in school Wednesday lunchtime. They did very well, making minimal mess but did have to lick all spoons and bowls OBVIOUSLY. I heard Small say "that's why being a chef would be so good, you get to try everything". I had to write the recipe out for Cog to take home.

They played on the trampoline while it was cooking. They managed to cut it into rough squares and we put it away for Wednesday. We made two lots so Cog took some home and we kept the rest to eat. The boys had their last piano lessons before September and Small played La Habenera from Carmen (Small knows it as the tune from UP).

After dinner we all played Catan and Small won. Bedtime for the boys and a bit of a relax in front of the TV for Huffle and I. It has got really sticky and humid now with rain on the way but the storm disappeared. HURRAH.

 

No comments: