Sunday 21 June 2015

Someone's gonna get a leaf in the head!*

HAPPY FATHERS DAY HUFFLE AND GRANDAD x

I fell asleep early evening whilst watching TV and then overslept this morning and still felt really tired. I'm blaming the weather.

Huffle sat and watched the Golf whilst the boys and I prepared a pancake breakfast. The kids presented him with their gifts and cards. We bought him a Seafarers Catan Extension Set, and a couple of bars of Lindt Chocolate. Smallest made him a sticky out tongue face in pottery, a play dough fish and a poem about him.

Stinky, grumpy, tall, strong,

Sibling of Uncle Grump,

Loves making burgers,

Fears Thunder and Lightning,

Needs SLEEP,

Gives me food and water,

Would like to see me beat Malcolm's football team,

Resident of Ontario.

We sent him back to the Golf while we prepared his performance. We set up the garden with bunting and made a Ninja Warrior set with hoops, rolling logs, warped slide, monkey bars, trampoline skipping and a trampet jump to a flag. Despite the fact that we were a little unprepared and underrehearsed, it didn't go too bad. In the end, we crowned Huffle our Ninja Warrior for being the only audience member.

Then we moved up to the pool and played there for a couple of hours. The sun was hot, the water was about 22/23*. We had two whirlpools, the boys had a spear war and then there were plenty of divebombs. Huffle facetimed Grandad and I read my book.

Mid afternoon we went out for dinner where we met a waitress who asked about our accent and told us about her sister and boyfriend who lived in London but said the food was much better here (Canada) than in England, London especially. WHAT? If you say so! We took Smallest's football kit with us and he changed into it and then we went to watch the Batting Cages while we waited for Smallest's football training to start. There were far too many people saying 'there you go' which we have now worked out is instead of saying 'that's it' or 'well done'.

At the football, the normal coach was away so BobbyDeNiro stepped in and took over. He wasn't a bad coach but he did use the term 'offensive' just a few too many times for my liking. I think, MrDeNiro, that may be a hockey term!! One of the Dad's played football with his son (not on the team) behind the goal that the team were playing. The ball kept going onto the pitch and disrupting the practice. Huffle and I mentioned too many swears which Small unfortunately heard and now we have to add to the swears jar!! I also need to mention that the same son also had a leg in plaster. Do we think this is in an appropriate game to play whilst a leg is healing? At one point the kids were practising running round a cone (or pylon as the term is here) and then trying a goal kick. This was one kid against another, the quickest one gets to try to score. One of them didn't ever go round the cone and the one time they were against Smallest (the only one that DID go round the cone) I shouted CHEAT. The coach asked the players if he had gone round the cone and I shouted NO HE DIDNT. Huffle suggests I listen to music so I don't get myself into trouble and it won't bother me so much. WHOOPS!

Small and Huffle played catch and I relaxed in the beautiful early evening sunshine. *we heard the coach saying "someone's gonna get a leaf in the head" but he actually said "someone's going to get a cleat (studs on bottom of football shoes) in the head". Small thought he said LEAF! The coach's son is well known for crying if he loses at anything. Today he lost at the penalty shoot out. Smallest said he heard him say "my eyes are watering because I'm so competitive".

We came home and the boys had a quick tea, shower and off to bed.

Beautiful Lily but no fragrance!

 

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Father's Day Hiffle (sorry it's a day late). Sounded a good day. You remind me of mum shouting from the touch lines, she always got stuck in whether she should or shouldn't!