Tuesday 9 June 2015

No subs on a Corner!

After the boys went to school, I worked at the Nursery all morning. I weeded the veggie potage and noticed that there was a plant pot on the top of a tomato cane. It reminded me of home and made me smile as you don't ever see that here. It must be a very British thing to do (stops you poking your eye out when weeding). MrsM came along and said "oh look at that, what a very English thing, who did that". Jan replied "famfa did". I DID? Apparently while I was planting some calendulas I stuck the plant pot on top of the cane as I had no hands spare. I must have done it instinctively because I had no idea. MrsM then decided we had to have other pots on top of the canes too. I came home today with many goodies as we worked hard to clear quite a few areas.

Aunty A's leeks and peas. My tomato cane pot. The potage.

At home, Huffle and I had a quick lunch before he had to get back to work and I went off to The Royals. I wasn't needed this afternoon as GrandPrince was there and they were off to the park., so I came home and put in my new plants, weeded the veggie garden and went for a walk to the Beer Store to buy a bottle of wine, some carrot and parsnip seeds (which I later sowed) and paid to enter our house in the Hamlet Garage Sale on Saturday. That means we are now officially on the map, though I was warned that some people like to start at 6am. NOT THIS HOUSE!!

I sat on the porch with a cup of tea and an ice-cream (yes they go perfectly well together) and answered some emails. When the boys came home I made a start on dinner and helped with their homework.

Over to Huffle for the game analysis............

Suffice to say that it wasn't a game for quality defending, but it was very entertaining. A 7-6 defeat after leading 4-1. The pitch was very wet but the weather was lovely late evening sunshine. Small did a decent job but the goalies kicking led to at least 3 goals.

Another licence plate......

 

 

No comments: