Thursday 18 June 2015

Two stinkies stop sleep

At 1am Huffle and I were woken by a dreadful smell coming through the windows. At first I thought it was Otto having a naughty smoke but then we realised it was far worse. It was a stinky smelly skunk. Huffle had heard some sort of scuffle and then we smelt the smell. It was so bad we could taste it. We closed the offending windows and put the fan on full blast. This didn't get rid of it. So Huffle lit a smelly candle. That didn't help. I sprayed Fabreze into the fan and it helped a little. Then I smeared some lavender cream under our noses and that helped just long enough to get us to sleep. YUK, stinky thing! Then at 4am we had another stinky creature climb into bed with us (Smallest) after having a bad dream about a robber breaking into our house. Arrrgggghhhhhhh I didn't want to get up this morning sooooooo tired!

After the kids went to school, I went to TheRoyals and gardened for a couple hours (with a coffee break). It was quite warm in the sun but very mosquitoey in the shade. Can't win really. I was supposed to walk with NoCustard at 11:30 but I hadn't left home in time so we agreed that I would try and catch up with her and TeaLady somewhere in the forest. I got there 20 minutes after they started walking so I decided to jog. I haven't been running for about three years so was a bit out of practice. Still I half ran, half fast walked and got to the point where they were when I first entered the forest (after they had been walking for fifteen/twenty minutes) in ten minutes. They chose a spot to stop for five minutes and I made it just in time for them to start walking again. I was exhausted and very hot and sweaty but then we walked the rest of it at a nice easy pace. I think I am going to hurt somewhat tomorrow but I'm glad I did it. I might even take up running again, though I won't be too hasty.

Once I had stopped running I found some lovely wild roses and the two butterflies followed us around the forest.

Huffle had started making us lunch and I ate mine on the porch watching The Interceptor (BBC) and he watched the golf.

I went back to TheRoyals and planted a couple of Hostas that we moved last week and dug out some plants for our garden and planted them.

Naughty MrRoyal. Quite a good flow for his age!

Harry the Hummingbird feeding in our garden.

I made some interesting burgers for me made with all the leftovers in our fridge including red kidney beans, couscous, cauliflower cheese, broccoli, onion and mushroom and I added some cumin. Very very tasty. In fact Small preferred mine to the Turkey Burgers I made them.

After dinner we all got ready and went off to football. Huffle had a message from the main football man who said he heard good reports about Smallest's try out on Tuesday. He scored the winning goal today and was given a new kit and a bag. He is now officially playing Rep Football. hurrah. Clever little man. However we now have to pay another $165. OUCH!

Huffle edit - back to winning ways with a 4-3 win. Smallest worked his socks off tonight, my midfield general. I'm pleased that he can play for the rep team as a few of his mates from school will be in the same team. The picture below left is just for grandad - he's pretending to sign his contract.

I took Small for his football practice, today they learned how to head the ball, take penalty shots and goal taking and dribbling. It rained really heavily and thundered just before they started and then brightened up just in time. I wore my wellies with my shorts (nice) and was prepared to get wet again as the sky blackened but it was fine. I had a lovely chat with one of the Dad's and we laughed at various things that happened in the practice.

I am absolutely done in. My hips and knees hurt, my feet ache, my legs are tired and my head is thumping - poor old lady!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a busy bee ��