Monday 22 June 2015

Betty brought berries

I didn't sleep well last night. I was awake from 1am until sometime around 3am. So annoying!

It was quite a hot and humid day. This morning I hosted a Knitting Morning with Bet, Jacq and Suffolk. We hepled Jacq start to knit and she promised to keep practising. Bet brought her lovely Aran knitting and we sat and chatted over Banana Bread and Mixed Berries. It was very nice and we all said we would do it again during the Summer.

Huffle and I had lunch together and then we planted a few plants and started to clean the pool. After several problems with the vacuum, I gave up and waited for the boys to come home to help. They actually got in the pool and Small sponged the bottom and sides using his snorkel mask and Smallest used the brush to sweep away at the bottom. I decided to do a backwash but half way through the pump stopped. MrBasement suggested what to do via text and Huffle got it working though it was very hot - maybe it had overheated! The boys carried on playing in the pool after all cleaning was done and Huffle joined them. All was well until Smallest fell down the stairs that lead from the pool deck to inside the barn. He cried so loudly that we thought he had done some serious damage to himself. Luckily it was just a few bumps and bruises. He went and had his shower while everyone else cleared up. He is all sorted now, just some bruises.

I made dinner and Huffle and I planted out the last of the plants we bought at the weekend. After dinner the boys went on their tablets. Huffle made us all charge our iPhones/tablets/IPads etc. There is a severe storm warning ahead possibly from 1am through to 6am. NOOOOOOOO! Need sleep!

The boys went to bed and Huffle and I watched Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell which is THE most bizarre thing I have ever watched full of magicians and raven kings and magical fairies and much weirdness. As we finished watching this weeks episode, a spider crawled right past me on the sofa and I jumped up in fright. Huffle thought I was imagining a raven flying out. Why does he let me watch these things just before bedtime?

Huffle has placed candles and torches everywhere, in the kitchen and down in the basement. I guess he knows where he will be heading later then! We just read there is a tornado warning 3 hours drive North from here.

 

No comments: