Monday 8 June 2015

Stamping on the fire!

Stupid Otto had yet another fire last night which he lit just as Smallest was going to bed. The smoke that entered our windows was so bad we could taste it. It permeated in all of our upstairs rooms and I could still smell it this morning. The problem was it was a really sticky hot night but it was impossible to keep the windows open. I am going to have to have a word I think.

We had torrential rain all night long, the hardest fastest heaviest rain I have ever heard. (At least it put the bloody fire out). At around 11pm we caught a raccoon trying to get into our dustbin and Huffle moved it into the Sun Room (not the raccoon). We also had storms from around 1:30am and a silly billy of a Huffle up and down all night, trying to hide from the thunder. I'm afraid I wasn't very sympathetic with him as he kept waking me up and I was soooooo very tired. In the end he shuffled off the to basement (at which point I was wide awake and dragged him back to bed where we watched an episode of Cheers). I think it stopped thundering at some point and we did get some sleep. Smallest slept through it and Small was aware of the rain and shut his windows early so he wouldn't be woken by it later. The basement was unaffected so MrBasement and his son did a good job on the roof and consequent sealants.

It was still raining this morning until midday. The boys went to school dressed in Wellies, Shorts and Waterproof coats. I had a morning of 'doing internety stuff' like registering the boys for Scouts and Cubs respectively, ordering things and catching up on Home Fires (BBC drama).

I spent the afternoon at 'Crows' house where we played with glass, copper and solder and created some lovely pieces. It was quite frustrating but very enjoyable. Suffolk, Jacq, MrsPottery, Crow and I got to grips with Crows mother-in-laws stain glass collection and made all sorts of hanging delights. I decided to take my collection of British Stamps that arrived last year on a parcel and I kept for that 'just in case project'.

Oh and a dried Hydrangea flower.

My soldering was very bobbly but it was my first time and it was quite difficult (and HOT). We are definitely going to do it again. On my way home I got some groceries and came home. Huffle emptied my car and I put it all away and then made dinner.

Huffle, wearing an unfortunate choice of top, had a visit from a West Indian Jehovah Witness lady. Huffle edit - an ironic choice of attire, nice....

MrsPiano came and gave the boys their lessons. Last week is the last one before the long break of Summer (though she did say she could come in once a month to keep up their work). They both worked hard and went on the Wii afterwards.

After dinner they finished their games on the Wii and went to bed. I haven't spoke to Otto yet so I hope we don't have another fire tonight. For goodness sake, if it's not the fire, it's him smoking pot. The wind always travels to our house too, never the other way!!!

 

 

No comments: