Friday 5 June 2015

Mad Dogs and British People

It should have been a long lie in for me this morning but stupidly I couldn't sleep past 7:30am so almost got up at the normal time, despite the fact that the boys were not in school today. So annoying!

It rained very heavily first thing but mid morning it was quite sunny so I put the washing out but by midday it was raining again and then we got thunderstorms.

Both boys play football in the same colour now, at least we have no white that could turn into pink!

Huffle worked in the Computer Room and stayed out of the way. Small, Smallest and I attempted to play a game of Junior Monopoly straight after breakfast. I say attempted, because we were only fifteen minutes into the game and the arguing started. I warned them but in the end I had to walk away and we abandoned the game. Everyone had showers and then the boys and I played Squarrels whilst waiting for Smallest's friend Malcolm to arrive for the most part of the day.

They played on the trampoline (when it wasn't raining), on the Wii, table tennis, table football, a card game and we made gingerbread. Small stayed out of the way most of the time doing his own thing.

After lunch and a game of MarioKart (this time including Small), the smaller boys decorated their biscuits and Small did his homework.

I spoke to Moo this afternoon and had a quick catch up - she has had a busy day.

The boys got bored and so I decided to take them for a walk back to Malcoms house (Small didn't want to go and stayed at home). The boys and I walked in light rain and they laughed at me for taking photos of puddles and leaves and trees. Cheeky monkeys. We got him home just as it started to thunder but Smallest and I didn't mind until it started to lightning and then we ran home. The only people out and about in the Hamlet were the Cubs Leader (English) - who was waiting to take his kids to camp and was very optimistically British saying that camp would be gloriously sunny and dry all weekend, and an English/Welsh family who were out to get some fresh air.

Everything is soooo green

We got home with minutes to spare before the really heavy rain fell. The boys played on the Wii together (without fighting) and I sewed and finished watching DIY SOS (so teary).

Huffle went and fetched us a pizza from the local Hamlet Pizzeria and we sat and watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

 

 

 

No comments: