Wednesday 17 June 2015

Poo Porkey Pig, Potato, Trump.

It was a beautiful day with temperatures of around 24*. Huffle went in to the office for two meetings and to sort his post. The boys went off to school and I went to aerobics. I was a bit in and out there today, with bursts of energy and then no energy whatsoever but did feel much better once I had finished. ExerciseNic has a lot of patience and we complain terribly.

At home I showered and dressed and then walked to the school where I participated in the French Cafe.

Small's class had prepared food, decorations, menus and a slideshow. I was greeted by Small and a couple of his classmates where they asked me, in French, if I wanted a table for one. I was seated and then joined by a teacher and then two parents. The teacher told me I had the same eyes as Smallest and when I asked if that was good or bad, ignored me and beckoned another parent over. I don't know if I embarrassed him or he didn't understand me. I had Vegetable Lasagne which was small and tasted shop bought and crepes with strawberries and a bottle of water. It was very nice and my waiter was very prompt and polite. Halfway through my lasagne he asked if I was going to order anything else. At the end I gave a generous tip and filled out a survey. I gave 10/10 for service, 9/10 for food as there WAS a vegetarian option thanks to Small telling his French Teacher earlier, 7/10 for decoration as I didn't notice it until Small pointed it out to me. Apparently I found out later that I was the only person who didn't put 10/10 for everything. I apologised to Small but he said it was fine and I was only being honest unlike everyone else who wasn't! The money raised is going to an orphanage in Uganda to help with schooling.

I walked home and sat on the porch and FaceTimed Moo.

We chatted for ages until I had to go and do a bit of shopping. I needed teachers gifts and Fathers Day gifts and I found neither. I got home in time for the boys coming home. They brought with them a letter from school advising that the crossing lady had died today of a heart attack and explaining that they had spoken to all the children but that we should be aware that the kids may need extra reassurance etc. We spoke to the boys and discussed it and they both seem fine and know to come to us if they need to know anything. Unfortunately it happened right outside of the school this morning but the details seem vague. She was Small's friend's Grandmother and Smallest was at her house on Sunday at the party. Huffle spoke to her and I spoke to her on Saturday at the Garage Sale. She was fit and healthy and it is a big shock to everyone. Our thoughts go out to the family. It is very sad.

MrBasement arrived and fixed our pool pump again. It stopped because of the wires again and he stripped them back and secured them. He said it should keep going for a while. I took Smallest to Malcolms house for a play and they went to the tennis courts with the nanny and played there for a while and then the trampoline. Malcolms Mum was at the zoo yesterday with Smallest and she was telling us about a bison that had escaped. Apparently something broke the enclosure and it got out. The only thing Smallest knew about it was that the walkway to the Bisons was cut off but they didn't say why.

Our dentist sent an email for the attentions of Small and Smallest with a survey for them to fill out after their visit on Monday. They had to give up to five stars for Staff, Facilities and Overall Experience. They both put four or five stars each. There was a comment box for experience with Dentist and Office and Smallest put "you are a good dentist". Small put "Thank You" because it said he had to put something! In the box asking how to improve the experience, Small put "make the headrests more cushioned". If nothing else, these forms should make the dentist laugh.

Huffle came home and we had dinner, Smallest and I planted a few plants that MrsM sent home for the boys and Small watered the veggies for us.

 

 

 

No comments: