Tuesday 30 June 2015

Hi Ho Hi Hi it's off to work we go....

Our garden - Rudbeckia

Everyone slept well because it was a bit cooler. Smallest didn't get up until 7:50 (which is a miracle). After breakfast, the boys and I went off to work at the Nursery. Jan and Wil were also there and we spent an hour emptying old pots. Soil in one wheelbarrow and weeds in another one. Small emptied the barrow for us and any plants we found, we were allowed to take home. I took six ferns and three hostas. Then the boys and I made a new garden by weeding and planting up Morning Glory, Salvia and another climby thing I can't remember the name. We stopped for coffee/water and a coupe of amazing brownies that Jan had made. MrsM had bought the boys a magazine about Toronto and a packet of HobNobs to take home. Wil and Jan both said they hadn't heard of them and MrsM said "that's because you didn't grow up in England!".

After coffee break, Smallest and I planted up six different varieties of Squash and Small helped label them. The boys went off exploring the gardens and I did a bit of weeding and clearing. We came home with our ferns and hostas, an Anenome from Jan, biscuits, magazine, some salvia flowers and two geraniums. The boys did really well today and MrsM told them if they come again, she will pay them 1c per pot that they empty. They are ready to go back next week. Smallest said it was more fun than being on the tablet. Small didn't say anything!

The boys had lunch in front of the TV and Huffle and I watched Kevin McCloud in the Sun Room with our lunch.

I left all the boys at home and did some food shopping and they all helped me unload and put away back home. The rest of the afternoon the boys played on the Wii and I talked to Moo, sorted out her FaceTime issues and had a good chat about gardening while I made my dinner. Huffle had made a Beef Chilli in the Slow Cooker earlier so that had been bubbling away all day.

It rained from lunchtime onwards today and yet we still took the boys to their respective football games. Tonight I took Smallest to his Rep practice and Huffle took Small to his game.

I met Malcolms Dad at the practice and he was complaining how both his sons (same ages as ours) were at different places. I offered, out of the goodness of my heart, to take Malcom home after the game, saving him an extra journey. He thanked me and left. I sat and watched Smallest practice and had a quick word at the end with his coach who says he is very happy with Smallest. Malcolm then asked if I could take him to where his Dad and brother were instead of home. RANT ALERT. I lost my bearings a bit and ended up nowhere near where I needed to be, so changed track and came home, dropping Malcom off first. I rang the doorbell, Malcolm walked in and closed the door behind him. Not saying thank you and not letting his Mum know I was there. I asked him to let someone know I was there and he said OKAY and turned away again. GOOD GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT CHILD? Eventually I made him understand that I needed to see someone in order to leave him (in case he was home alone - he is only eight after all!). In the end, someone (could have been anyone) half came out and waved and said what could have been a thank you. I actually walked away at that point and said FORGET IT. I am absolutely fuming. The child never spoke once to me, never thanked me. The parents obviously don't care who is with them, or what they do with them. THATS IT. I'M FINISHED WITH THAT FAMILY! So rude - I have just filled the swear jar just telling Huffle what happened. Not only do people think it's okay for them to leave my kids on the drive without checking I'm here first but it's also okay for me to drop their kids off without checking anyone is home. Why didn't his Dad just leave him to walk home from the local town then? SERIOUSLY PEOPLE SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!

 

 

No comments: