Saturday 20 June 2015

One day away from Summer

A beautiful day of 24*, cloudless sky and unending sunshine. After breakfast the Boys and I worked out what we were going to do for the Fathers Day performance tomorrow. Then we all went out into the garden and moved a few plants, added a few and worked out where the new stepping stones path was going. Everyone helped and we soon got done what we wanted to do. The boys then played on their tablets while Huffle and I finished clearing up.

Just two of the beauties in the garden right now.

After lunch we went out in search of my Mothers Day Lemon Tree and maybe a Fathers Day plant for Huffle. We stopped at the Country Market and picked up a few vegetable plants and then onto The Tire where we purchased some small plants in the sale and a few seeds. After an ice cream in the local town, we went in search of a garden centre we knew was close. I had problems with my eyes due to an allergy and ended up with runny eyes, headache, sniffles and we tried to get home instead. We picked up local strawberries on the way for tomorrow's breakfast (Huffle has asked for pancakes).

I saw this notice - it is supposed to be Lilac and the pronunciation here is Lylack but that spelling is atrocious!

Two number plates spotted whilst out and about. Huffle says GR8 WYN was a great prat!!

At home we all went to the pool and found it was now warm enough to get in. There was lots of fun and silliness, lots of playing and a bit of relaxing.

We eventually came in and made dinner and watched Up. (Because Small is playing La Habenera on the piano and it is in the film Up which we have not watched for ages - it didn't disappoint, very good film).

Smallest went to bed, followed by Small a bit later.

Last night Huffle and I watched Gardeners World and we were amazed at how the seasons here and in the UK are now the same. For a while we were far behind but I think we will be overtaking soon. The worrying thing is that I am now doing things before Monty Don is doing them. That makes me a T!t head then! Or maybe I am now a proper gardener.

 

 

No comments: