Friday 19 June 2015

Too much toffee sauce

This is how I found the kids before school. See, they do love each other really.

Lots of parts of me hurt today, so it was my intention to have a rest day. After the kids went to school, Huffle and I wandered up to school to watch the assembley as we knew Small would be getting an award. His award was chosen by his classmates. He was the last one to receive an award in his category and had picked it up and sat down before I could take a good photo. We sat through a song from the Grades 4 and 5 and their reading buddies in Junior and Senior Kindergarten. They sang Stand by Me but changed the words to get Buddy in there. It was bizarre and very North American. I bumped into Small's teacher who told me how much she enjoyed the Flapjack from The French Cafe, so I know what to make her for the end of school.

I left Huffle at home and went knitting. I got a lot of my sock done whilst having a good chat and a nice cup of coffee. I came home for lunch and sat on the porch and carried on knitting (nearly finished) and watched The Interceptor again. I managed to sit and relax for ages but then the urge to get up and garden overcame me so I spent an hour re-pathing and weeding the side of the house.

The boys came home and once we had all got cleaned up and ready, we went out for dinner. Small has been asking for ages if we could go to Frankie Tomatto's (yes it really is spelt like that) and Huffle decided that because of how well they are doing at school and in football that we could go as a treat. However he chose to take us to the Early Bird special (which is cheaper) so we were seated by 5:15pm. This is a buffet style place with lots of pasta, meats, seafood etc etc. Last time we came here Smallest wasn't feeling well and he ate nothing, this time he ate a lot more, mainly meat and plenty of desserts, toffee sauce on everything and lots of jelly! They filled out another comment card and gave the waitress an average score (poor girl, she did a good job too).

We popped to a shop on the way home to buy Huffle's Fathers Day present and then came home. We watched a bit of TV and sent the boys to bed. It was a beautifully sunny day today and we are hoping tomorrow will be good enough for us to go in the pool.

Smallest and I playing catch while I was trying to take photos of the clouds.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done Small. What was the award for? x

famfa said...

Continued effort in all subjects as voted by his classmates. He also received an award for yummiest lunch by his class. Xx