Monday 2 November 2015

0.13km down the garden

What a very long and wonderful nights sleep. HURRAH.

The boys fought as they were waiting for their bus and I had to tell them off. Honestly, they stand on the drive for no more than five minutes together and even then they have to fight. I had a slow breakfast and watched 'unforgotten' and then went out and did a food shop. I picked up a few Halloween items in the sale and came home and put everything away.

Huffle and I had lunch together and then I met NoCustard for a walk in the forest. We chose a different trail, one that we haven't done for ages (possibly last Winter). It was beautiful and calming.

I went straight into the garden when I got back and cut down some old raspberries canes, pruned the apple tree and cut a few other bits until the boys came home. Small sat in his room and read and Smallest started on his homework. It was unseasonably warm today and both kids have caught the sun on their faces. It's going to be even warmer tomorrow so I must remember their suncream.

Tonight I made Fish Pie for dinner. It was very nice and everyone enjoyed it (though there was possibly a bit to much fish for my liking). The boys had their piano lessons. Small is learning Have a Holly Jolly Christmas and Smallest is learning Jingle Bell Rock. Their teacher thinks everyone will be dancing at the recital.

There were no Cubs or Scouts tonight due to there being a Guy Fawkes night on Thursday and a Remembrance Ceremony on Sunday. We have a very busy week this week. Piano, football, basketball, bonfire, party, more football, even more football and Remembrance. This is our only night of the week (bar piano) when we are all free so we made the most of it by all playing on the Wii together.

 

 

No comments: