Tuesday 10 November 2015

Lunchtime Harbinger

Nothing much to say really today. I had my hair cut which was the highlight of my day. The boys hairdresser cut it. She is lovely and cuts everyone's hair in the Hamlet and as I haven't had my hair cut for nearly two years (well my hairdresser moved two hours drive away and it takes me a while to get used to new hair people), I decided it was time. She cut off probably half of my hair and then we had a cup of tea and a long chat.

I don't know where that silly lopsided face came from! Also I look a bit cross eyed!

Huffle had a mid morning visit from a Pensions man, all the way from England. Between Huffle and I we have a variety of pensions gathering dust and no interest so he is going to find them (I say find them because mine is in my maiden name at an address we are not sure) and get in touch to let us know our options. I didn't get to meet him but he did make Huffle and himself a cup of tea!

I FaceTimed Moo and made a soup (parp), a Soda Bread (which tasted like a huge scone) and a Rice Pudding (yummy) for dinner.

The boys came home armed with class photos and individual photos. Their individual ones are horrendous as usual. Why do they have to be so stiff and boring. I would much rather have one of them jumping in the air or giggling. Not a dull, let's pretend we are in front of a bookshelf or a pretend tree, fold your arms (which they never do) and drag out a fake smile wearing scraggy clothes because their mum forgot to dress them in nice clothes for the occassion. Luckily they have a mum who takes endless photos and every now and then takes the perfect lovely one.

Huffle got his appointment for his MRI which is on a Sunday in January! The letter said 7:30am, on a Sunday? He called to check it was correct but it was a typing error (but they didn't need to apologise of course) and should have been 7:30pm - still, on a Sunday? In the meantime he has been doing some exercises that he looked up on the Internet (no help from the doctor then!) and it is helping slightly.

The kids piano teacher came and Smallest perfected his recital piece with a little flourish at the end sweeping across all the piano keys. Like it.

After dinner, Smallest and Huffle went off to football practice. Small and I stayed at home and watched TV together. Everyone is tired - hope the bugs are not back!

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice hair cut. A long time to wait for the MRI, fingers xd. I'm taking the girls to Ullesthorpe Garden Centre today, Grandma is trying Out Skechers to see if she can get a pair of comfy but sturdy shoes for the winter. Have a car full, should be good, expect we'll have a cheeky scone and a cup of green. Mich meeting us there in the jelly mould as grandad calls it! x

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Lovely haircut! Looking gorgeous. Xx

Mrs Rumbleskins said...

Lovely haircut! Looking gorgeous. Xx

Sarah Tomson said...

I must of forgot to read yesterday I missed this one....lovely hair 😃 hope you are feeling better today xx

famfa said...

Thank you. Yes a long time to wait but what can you do? Hope you had a nice day x

famfa said...

Thank you xxxx