Tuesday 17 November 2015

A sheep bathroom!

Another tough getting-up-time this morning. Maybe I'm starting the hibernation process. The boys went to school and today was the first day of Smallest's Gifted Test (he said it was easy, but then so did Small and he didn't pass!). He has two more days of tests. I don't know when we get the results.

This morning I made the Christmas Cake and despite the fact that everything I did went wrong today (especially when I sneezed as I was putting my egg in water to poach it and it ended up on the floor, plus I knocked my water all over the floor, the gate was stuck!!!!), the cake turned out fine. It is now firmly wrapped up in parchment and foil awaiting MrHuffle's weekly feeding of alcohol until the boys and I decorate it (usually Christnas Eve or eve eve).

I went to the wooded area at the back of our garden and picked some lovely dark red stems from the dogwood for the Winter Containers on the porch. I'm not ready to add the mini Christmas trees yet even though I see Christmas lights going up everywhere. I added some silver birch branches and then went for a walk in the field next door and the bottom bit again looking for lovely greenery and then put the containers together. They will do for now and it was a nice walk.

Huffle and I had lunch together by briefly and then went for a walk for half an hour. It was cool but beautifully sunny. When I got back I visited the beer store to take back our empties. We had managed to collect (over a very long time I'm certain) 30 wine bottles and 20 beer bottles. That got us a free bottle of wine and I picked up salt bags for the water softener. I dragged them to the house and Huffle took them downstairs and added them. They are extremely heavy.

This afternoon I sorted washing and made dinner. The boys came home and did homework, practiced piano and tuba, put away their clothes, complained and played on the Wii. After dinner, there was more Wii and then Huffle and Smallest went on football for a team talk and a practice. There are going to be some longer sessions until April (2hours!!) and the team is reducing from 12 to 10. I wonder if that's just to make them work harder to keep their place?

Small and I played MarioBros and then watched Jeopardy - I've heard if it but never watched it. I even answered a few.

Lovely HB at her Graduation yesterday - well done HB xxxxx

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a good 2 days in a Worcester, the cathedral was good venue. HB looked lovely. Proud day. We all loved it.