Friday 13 November 2015

Bad Mum

When Smallest went to school with a homemade crochet Yoda hat by yours truly and the Librarian lady told me I showed up all the Mum's because they had bought their little darlings outfits instead, I was secretly pleased. Today that same Librarian lady made Smallest call home to get me to bring him a coat because I didn't send him to school in one. Damn! Then I was humiliated. Now I'm the mum that bakes and crochets but can't dress my kids appropriately. Awwwwww that hurts!

So, the kids went off to school without coats despite the fact that when I went outside to put the recycling out, I told them it was cold. Maybe I expected it to warm up a little, after all it is November and it has been unseasonably warm (I do like that word, unseasonably) lately. Even while Smallest stood outside in his two very thin layers of clothing, I shouted, shall I get you a warmer hoodie or a fleece, but Smallest pretended he couldn't hear me. He's tough you see!

Huffle went in the to the office today which is always good because he passes the nut and seed shop and he comes home with bags of pumpkins seeds and the like. I decided to go to knitting this morning because I needed nice wool to make the boys some slippers for Christmas. I took my latest sock made from leftover sock wool. Knitting isn't the same anymore as all the original people have now left. It's all new and I don't really connect with them. I don't really want to go to lunch with them (and I'm sure they don't want to go to lunch with me either) and found I was sitting in between two very loud conversations and not really wanting to be a part of either of them. That's when I realised I need more friends. That's a bit sad isn't it, especially as I don't really know how to go about making new friends. You can't just find them in the supermarket or on the street. Friendships are hard to make and don't just happen overnight. So I came home and had lunch by myself and watched netflix and wound my wool into a ball and started on a slipper for Small.

The poppy wreath that everyone helped to make wo their knitted poppies. Beautiful.

I did go to school (for the second time today, the first being to ask the Principal if she could give my youngest a coat without getting out of my car because I was still in my PJ's, with no make up and wet hair from the shower - I'm sure she never noticed!) to pick up Small's Tuba, even though I never got a phone call asking me to. When I saw him he said he called but no-one answered and he didn't leave a message because the phone just rang and rang. I wonder why I carry a mobile?

It was nice when the boys came home because there was noise and chaos and I felt just a little bit less lonely. Maybe I have got more used to Huffle being home than I thought I had. I made dinner which was just a warming up of all things not eaten during the week. Nice and easy.

Huffle and Small went to football and got new kit (hurrah red, the best colour to wash with everything else NOT). Smallest and I stayed behind and played Home you Go (one of my childhood board games with just a few pieces missing) he beat me twice and then we played Rat on a Skateboard on my IPad. Smallest tried to be very cheering to me tonight as he knew I was a bit sad.

 

 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

On the bright side it's been a long while since you were feeling down x. Think you right about having Huffle at home, it will pass plus Moo will b three soon x

Spanish Chica said...

Ah bless you, it's been the same for me. All my friends decided they wanted to go back to England, so I've been a billy not mates for ages until I started to go to the language school. Be patient it will happen ........ in the mean time big hugs from across the vast ocean xxxxx

famfa said...

Awwww thanks jez, you comments are much appreciated. Patience has never been my thing......
Hugs back at you xxxx