Tuesday 24 November 2015

Sew What!

More snow during the night meant that the roads were covered. By the time the school bus came this morning, the road was clear. The boys went off in their snow boots, coats and gloves tucked discreetly in their pockets.

I had a shower first thing which was silly because I had to take my car to the garage to get my Winter Tyres put on and it meant I was out in the snow with wet frozen hair. I have also realised a I need new snow boots as mine have no tread on them and I was sliding all over the place on my walk home. I was rescued by my Knight though as he remembered my foot was hurting from yesterday.

Once home, I made a soup for lunch and dinner later and then set about collecting my sewing stuff together for a day of quilt square sewing. I actually spent most of the morning looking for a foot that I had taken off my sewing machine ages ago and in my own inimitable style, put somewhere safe so I wouldn't forget. I am so annoying!!!! Suffolk came round late morning and we started cutting out our material for our Bat Block. Unfortunately the instructions were not written out very well and we left it to the last minute once again. I sewed all of my strips together and then realised half of them were the wrong way round.

Suffolk had to leave after lunch so I attempted to carry on without her. I didn't do very well but persevered until I eventually undid all my sewing and started again. I worked tirelessly, in between helping the boys with their dinner, games and chores.

My bats wings are the wrong way round.

Huffle and Smallest went off for a two hour football practice and I carried on sewing. Small played on the Wii and then we watched TV together.

Huffles photos

 

No comments: