Wednesday 25 November 2015

Cous cous does not a gravy make!

Huffle bought me a fit band thing for Christmas to track steps and calories burnt etc and has been wearing it for a few days to check its what I want. It also tracks how much sleep you get and the other day it said he was asleep while we were watching TV and had 8.5 hours during the night (which he denied). Last night he decided not to wear it while he was asleep and he didn't sleep well at all. Interesting!!

It was very foggy this morning.

The boys went to school - snow boots have been abondoned again as the sun was out (still cold and very foggy but not freezing and definitely no snow). I went off to aerobics leaving Huffle trying to find a garage who was willing to put his Winter Tyres on for him. Aerobics was good but tough and my thighs are aching already from the various squats we did.

After a quick shower and an even quicker brunch/lunch, I went off to the Art Gallery and Pottery Studio for three hours of glazing my pots that I made in the last five weeks. This is never my most favourite part of the pottery process as the glazes look nothing like what they are going to turn out like. We started by sponging off the pieces to make sure they weren't dusty and then waxed the bottoms of each pot to stop the glazes sticking to the kiln shelves. Our teacher bought us a lovely white crackle glaze especially to glaze our birds and I'm most excited to see how that turns out. My Leaf Cheese Plate that I made (that someone else's bird exploded upon) had an accident in the kiln. My mouse fell off and his curly tail broke into many pieces. We are hopeful the mouse will stick on during the last firing due to an extra blob of glaze on his bottom and I ended up painting a tail instead of the original 3D curly tail which was supposed to hold the cheese knife. The glaze colours are not the most inspirational. It's only a small gallery and I suppose the glazes are expensive so there aren't too many to choose from.

Poor mouse..bird..spoon rest....soap dish. Brie dish......square pot.....spare lid for square pot......baby bird.......spoon......yarn bowl.
Everyone's pots glazed.

I came home late and the boys were already home, practising piano and playing on the Wii. (They convinced Huffle they didn't need to do a chore). I made dinner, we ate and then Huffle and the boys went out to basketball leaving me home alone finishing my sewing.

I managed to finish sewing, put away all my stuff, tidied up and had lots of time left to sit and watch TV and put my tired feet up while the boys had fun at basketball, though they came home early because the school permit ran out (that's weird and meant Small's session was only half an hour instead of the usual hour).

It is supposed to be 12.5"x12.5" but I am missing a 1/4" one side!!!
All my $10 quilt squares. I've been doing this for a long time. One a month.

Huffle put the Christmas lights up outside. Now considering it's not yet December, this means that Huffle is now a proper Hybrid Canadian. Everyone here puts their lights up really early in order to avoid being outside and up a ladder during the freezing ice or snow parts of the year. He even set the timer up so they come on and off at the appropriate time. Wahooooo.

 

No comments: